- CREATIVE TENSION. Fishman, Charles // Fast Company;Nov2000, Issue 40, p358
Examines the efforts of Corning Inc. to become more creative in the research and development of new products. Number of researchers employed by Corning; Sales statistics of the company; Work the company does in glass. INSETS: WHAT DO DISHES AND DNA HAVE IN COMMON?;FIVE STEPS FROM INSPIRATION...
- Corning Announces Third-Quarter Results. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/31/2011, Vol. 21, p961
The article reports on the 2011 third quarter financial performance of Corning Inc. which has sales of 2.1 billion dollars. According to Corning President Wendell P. Weeks, the company has a very respectable quarter with all their segments showing double-digit percentage sales growth compared in...
- Flexible glass to challenge LCDs in electronic devices. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Aug2010, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p4
The article announces that Corning Inc. has developed a flexible glass substrate, characterized to perform like glass and as flexible as plastic, which can be used for printed electronics applications like liquid crystal displays (LCDs)
- Institutul National de Sticla SA - bankrupt. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Company Profiles);2012, p3336
A profile of Institutul National de Sticla SA, also known as Institutul National de Sticla JSC, is presented. The company is based in Bucharest, Romania and provides research and development, design and consultancy services in glass manufacturing. It regularly participates in conferences and...
- SWOT Analysis. // Corning, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2007, p5
A business analysis of Corning Inc., one of the leading providers of specialty glass and ceramics, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include its diversified product portfolio and revenue streams. Weaknesses...
- Company Overview. // Corning, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Apr2008, p4
An overview of Corning Inc., one of the leading providers of specialty glass and ceramics, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in fiscal year ended December 2006, as well as principal business offered, including its principal area of operation.
- CMO eyes 390% net-profit increase. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;9/27/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 462, p8
Reports on the target net profit of Chi Mei Optoelectronics Corp. (CMO) for 2004. Number of glass panels produced by the fifth generation plant of the company; Use of CMO glass panels in liquid crystal display monitors; Investments of the company to build next-generation fab plants.
- Corning Investment in Taiwan, Korea. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Mar2006, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the grand opening of the liquid crystal display (LCD) glass substrate facility by Corning Inc. in Taiwan. The facility will be among the largest LCD glass substrate manufacturing facilities in the world. Corning plans to further invest in Samsung Corning Precision Glass...
- Corning, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Corning, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2007, p1
A company profile of Corning Inc., one of the leading providers of specialty glass and ceramics, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes strengths,...