Winner With Losses
- Pitch Fever. WATKINS, MARK // Atlanta;Aug2013, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p17
The article focuses on the dedication and devotion of supporters of the lesser known professional soccer team Atlanta Silverbacks of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Heard and Overheard. Levin, Elliott D. // Commercial Law Bulletin;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
Illustrates the passion for the San Francisco Giants football team by a commercial law attorney in San Francisco, California. Instances of how the lawyer expressed his fanaticism; Importance of such pursuits in promoting a more well-rounded life for lawyers.
- THREE CHEERS FOR DIE-HARD FANS. // League Week;8/28/2002, p4
Praises the Canterbury Bulldogs rugby football team's fans for their love of the game and the team.
- MARCHING WITH THE ARMY. Walshaw, Nick // League Week;8/28/2002, p24
Uncovers the real story behind the controversy surrounding the Bulldogs Army, a group of fans for the Canterbury Bulldogs rugby football team. Incidences of violence involving Bulldog fans in 2001; Description on the Army language; Comments from Mick Omar of the Army; Problems facing the...
- Wins didn't corral Colts fans. Beaven, Stephen // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/8/96, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the attendance of fans to the home games of the Indianapolis Colts in Indiania. 1995 season total; Comments by Colts spokesman Craig Kelley. INSET: No place like home?..
- Sunday or bust for Broncos. Marshall, Matt // Rugby League Week;9/10/2003, Issue 28, p11
Rugby football team Brisbane Broncos owner Bruno Cullen is adamant his club faces a financial disaster unless the NRL gives them more home games at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday afternoons. While respecting the need for the Broncos to play occasional top-of-the-table games in the prime Friday night...
- RIPPER ROOSTERS. CLEARY, MATT // Rugby League Week;8/8/2012, p12
In this article, the author discusses how fans at Allianz rugby stadium in Sydney, New South Wales were encouraging Sydney Roosters team, and also highlights photographs of these fans and some players.
- Examining Fan Reactions to Game Outcomes: A Longitudinal Study of Social Identity. Dietz-Uhler, Beth; Murrell, Audrey // Journal of Sport Behavior;Mar99, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on a study which aimed to examine the role of social identity and contextual components of the sporting event on fans' perceptions of a football team. Method of the study; Results; Discussion.
- Old Reliable. // People;11/23/98, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p74
Profiles Buddy Musgrove, a fan since the 1940s of the Wynnewood High Savages football team in Wynnewood, Oklahoma. Comments.