- THE MONEY MAKERS. Roberts, Craig // BRW;5/19/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p18
Focuses on Australia's wealthiest entrepreneurs known for their entrepreneurial ventures. Executives Kerry Packer's investment in small business ventures; Liberman and Besen families' investment in the online company Seek; Executive Richard Pratt's investment in early-stage companies through his...
- Ground zero. Condon, Turi // BRW;4/20/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p43
Focuses on Australia-based tycoon Kerry Packer's re-examination of plans for one of his property investments. Appointment of consultants to assess the viability of the Westralia Square site in Perth, Western Australia; Appointment of Bovis Lend Lease to look at development options for Westralia...
- THE PACKERS' $2-BILLION BAD YEAR. Kavanagh, John // BRW;4/20/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p48
Presents an overview of Australia-based Kerry and James Packer's investment strategies. Examination of why so many of their investments have performed poorly; Lessons for all investors; Emergence of James Packer at the head of the Consolidated Press Holdings; Downturn in technology stocks. ...
- James Packer to carry on in his father's footsteps. Skotnicki, Tom // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p1
Features the late gambler and sports enthusiast Kerry Packer and his son James in Australia. Management of family-owned Publishing & Broadcasting Ltd. (PBL) by father and son; Failure of investment in a mobile company by James and partners James and Rupert Murdoch; Role of the gaming industry...
- Bankers await fine print in casino deal. Murrill, Maureen // BRW;09/21/98, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p50
Presents information on the rescue package engineered by Kerry Packer for Crown Casino and the concerns over the details. Deal to have Consolidated Press Holdings pay for a 50 percent stake in the casino's cashflow; Investment bankers wanting a definition of cashflow; Comparisons with Junk...
- Packer taken to hospital. // Hollywood Reporter;9/14/95, Vol. 338 Issue 49, p8
Reports that Australian Kerry Packer, owner of Nine Network has been taken to the hospital by ambulance on September 13, 1995 after collapsing at a function.
- Gold dust. // Hollywood Reporter;5/3/95, Vol. 337 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the plan by detectives to interview employees of Australia media mogul Kerry Packer after $4 million worth of gold bullion was stolen from his company's headquarters.
- The billionaires: Kerry Packer. // BRW;5/20/96, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p70
Profiles Australia's first billionaire Kerry Packer. Packer's age; His marital status; Number of children he has; His investments in the media industry; Why Packer has been fighting the tax office; How much Packer is worth.
- Ray of sunshine. // BRW;05/22/95, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p132
Presents a picture of Australia's richest man Kerry Packer taken during the celebration of the christening of his first grandchild, Francesca Barham.