The King and His Sport, at Twilight
- Don king returns to championship boxing in Vegas. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;10/29/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 44, p43
The article reports on the move of Don King, a boxing promoter, to change the sport of boxing into mega events in Las Vegas, Nevada. It states that the changes which include the transformation of mega Treasure Island Hotel & Casino into a place to be in Vegas attracted record-setting crowds and...
- Who's killing boxing? EVANS, HOWIE // New York Amsterdam News;10/16/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 43, p44
The article discusses the reasons behind the decreasing popularity of boxing. The primary reason is the string of sanctioning organizations and dearth of sports promoters like Don King. It states that the recent press conference to promote a fight between Kelly Pavlik and Bernard Hopkins would...
- King rings up another sensational fight card. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;5/6/95, Vol. 86 Issue 18, p52
Reports on the Beltway Brawl boxing tournament promoted by Don King at the US Air Arena in Landover, Maryland. Participants; Winners and losers; Rivalries.
- Don King pinpoints South Florida as booming market. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;6/3/95, Vol. 86 Issue 22, p52
Reports on boxing promoter Don King's fight cards at the Broward County Convention Center in Florida. Headline attractions; Fight description.
- King brings championship boxing to Florida. // New York Amsterdam News;12/04/97, Vol. 88 Issue 49, p51
Reports that promoter Don King brought two world championship boxing card to Pompano Beach, Florida on December 5 and 13, 1997. Pompano Beach Amphitheater as the location of the bouts; Features of the two boxing events; Persons contributing to the success of the preparations of the event;...
- ON COURT WITH DON KING. Malinowski, Mark // Tennis;
Interviews boxing promoter Don King on his views on tennis and tennis players.
- The legend of Don King continues. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;5/27/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 22, p37
The article reports that boxing promoter Don King won a court injunction in Fort Lauderdale, Florida after being able to produce 2 million dollars in cash which he needed to win over his rival promoter.
- Don King is still the world's greatest promoter. // New York Amsterdam News;8/5/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 32, p40
A photograph is presented depicting boxing promoter Don King leaving a press conference in Lviv, Ukraine.
- Four bouts highlight Don King extravaganza. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;9/10/94, Vol. 85 Issue 37, p48
Reports on Don King's promotion of the `Unfinished Business,' a boxing event on September 17, 1994. Features of the event; Don King's reputation as a boxing promoter.