LIFELINE FROM CHINA
- Lee & Man renames Samoa pulp mill. // Pulp & Paper;Mar2005, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p14
Announces the change in the name of a pulp mill acquired by Hong Kong, China-based Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Co. from Stockton Pacific Enterprises. Plan of the company to build second wastewater treatment facility; Cause of the mill's closure prior to its acquisition; Information on the...
- Lee & Man Bids for Mill. // Official Board Markets;1/1/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that Lee & Man Paper manufacturing Co., one of the largest containerboard producers in China in terms of production capacity and volume, has submitted a bid to purchase Stockton Pacific Enterprises (SPE), a pulp mill based in Eureka, California. Terms of the bid were not...
- Lee & Man bids on second U.S. mill. // Pulp & Paper;Feb2007, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p14
This article reports on a bid made by Lee & Man, the second largest containerboard producer in China, along with a local utility district to acquire the dissolving specialty market pulp mill of Weyerhaeuser in Cosmopolis, Washington. Others bidder were Evergreen Pulp and the Grays Harbor Public...
- PAPER CLIPS. // Pulp & Paper;Jan2005, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p10
Presents news briefs on the paper industry, as of January 2005. Information on a federal aid granted to company Blue Ridge Paper Products; Resumption of the operations of the board mills of Norampac Inc. on December 1, 2004 after its union workers conducted a labor strike; Details of the plan...
- PAPER CLIPS. // Pulp & Paper;Feb2005, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p8
Presents news briefs on the paper industry, as of February 2005. Increase in the amount of market pulp imported by China from January to November 2004; Closure of Stockton Pacific Enterprises' pulp mill in Samoa, California in January 2005; Renovation of the cut-sheet paper manufacturing...
- Lee & Man to Increase Board Production. // Official Board Markets;9/24/2011, Vol. 87 Issue 39, p22
The article reports on the plan of China's Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd. to increase its containerboard production capacity to 6 million metric tons by the end of 2012 from the current 4 million metric tons, despite slowing demand.
- China's Board Mills Keep Growing. // Official Board Markets;8/11/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 32, p12
The article reports on the growth for China's paperboard mills, citing the expansion of Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd. (L&M) at its Hongmei mill in Dongguan city, Guangdong province and the planned expansion of Nine Dragons Paper Holdings Ltd.' ivory board production in Tianjin, China.
- Lee & Man Plans Linerboard Machine in Vietnam. // Official Board Markets;6/16/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the mill construction project of Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd. in which a recycled linerboard machine that will produce 250,000 metric tons peryear will be erected at a greenfield mill in Hau Giang province in Vietnam.
- Thinking outside the box. Jonathan Wong // FinanceAsia;Feb2011, p68
The article discusses how Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd. managed financial crisis. Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing, one of the largest containerboard producers in China. It informs that during recession, eco-friendly credentials of Lee and Man represents good marketing. Lee and Man have...