Piece of the Action
- Betfair takes lead from social media to lift value. // Marketing Week;8/25/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p6
The article offers information on the gaming features adopted by Betfair Ltd. in an effort to convince users to explore more of its website and make bets on different games and sports.
- Betfair slams latest French rules, but 888 goes ahead with le Poker. // Casino International;Jun2010, p6
he article reports on the reaction of Betfair Ltd. on the licensing rule of the French government on Internet gaming.
- Betfair upgrades to allow global bets. McAuliffe, Wendy // New Media Age;10/16/2003, p9
Deals with the upgrading of the betting exchange technology of online operator Betfair in 2003. Description of its Java-based platform; Reason for the move; Objective of the upgrade.
- Buiding a better mousetrap. Anderer, Charles // International Gaming & Wagering;Sep2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p6
Comments on public discussions on the legality of the online gaming industry. Information on Betfair, a Great Britain-based online gaming company that matches the bets of people on sporting events; Criticisms against betting exchanges; Alliances between Betfair and major sporting groups to...
- Betfair hands WDMP brief ahead of World Cup. Kimberley, Sara // Precision Marketing;4/21/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p3
This article reports that WDMP has been appointed as an online betting exchange by Betfair to handle its integrated account. The gambling site recently launched an online drive to get more women interested in poker. A microsite offered a series of five weekly tournaments, whereby 500 women could...
- Betfair 'SP' launch to challenge the bookies. Kimberley, Sara // Precision Marketing;1/25/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the launch of the Betfair Starting Price by Betfair in a bid to make it the number one betting Website for all horseracing in Great Britain. Bristol-based agency Flourish created the campaign that will span Web, email and press advertising. It aims to give punters better...
- Betfair puts all ads online for start of football season. // New Media Age;8/21/2003, p3
Reports on the decision of online betting exchange Betfair to focus on targeted online work for its 2004 football season campaign. Comments from Mark Davies, Betfair director of communications, on the decision; Idea being reviewed by Betfair to ensure maximum effectiveness; Benefits Betfair...
- Betfair offers online sweepstake platform. // New Media Age;4/12/2007, p5
The article reports on the online sweepstake platform offered by online betting exchange Betfair. Betfairsweepstake.com provides users with a platform to set up and manage their workplace sweepstakes, before taking a print-out of entrants and runners. The platform was created by Taglab, and is...
- Betfair kicks off review of Â£7m UK offline media account. Cassidy, Anne // Campaign (UK);5/1/2009, Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the move of the Betfair to call a review of its estimated Â£7 million Great Britain offline media planning and buying account. It mentions that Betfair has instructed agencies to make it the betting person's first choice. It also desires to position the poker site to...