Very Sweaty Equity
- One to watch Geox Shoes. // Director;Oct2003, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p17
Features Italian shoe entrepreneur Mario Moretti Polegato. Award won by Polegato for his Geox brand of shoes that breathe; Sales growth of Geox stores; Goal of Polegato for the brand.
- GEOX TWO STEP: FOOTWEAR AND FASHION. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 47, p22
The article reports that Geox, a footwear brand from Italy, plans to make its business 50 percent footwear and 50 percent apparel, according to Geox founder and chief executive Mario Moretti Polegato. The company's apparel collection is small primarily coats, parkas and casual jackets...
- Flat-Footed. Hoppough, Suzanne // Forbes Global;11/29/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p46
Discusses the efforts of Geox SpA founder Mario Moretti Polegato to improve its production and logistics systems in the U.S. Reasons behind the company's inventory problems; Technology used in making the shoes; Amount spent by Geox to open mall outlets in New York and New Jersey.
- DECISIONS: MARIO MORETTI POLEGATO GEOX. // Management Today;Sep2008, p24
The article focuses on the life and works of Mario Moretti Polegato, president of shoe company Geox SpA in Italy. It highlights the best and worst business decisions of Polegato in the shoe industry. It states that the â€”2.4 billion firm has been known to develop the technology in...
- THE VIEW FROM HERE. // Director;Jan2009, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p14
An interview with Mario Moretti Polegato, founder and chairman of Geox, about his work is presented. He relates how he came to establish the shoe business in Italy. He notes the need for shoe businesses to introduce a new model, a new design or a new line. The businessman also mentions that they...
- Pedal Pushers. // Men's Fitness;May2009, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p68
The article offers information on several driving shoes. Moccasins including the UGG Australia Bradford Perf from the company UGG Australia, the Cole Haan Tiburon Venetian from Cole Haan Inc. and the Geox Lenny from Geox SpA have lush leathers and extra cushioning. As per Geox's chairman Mario...
- Geox confident after swinging to 9-month profit. Smith, Katie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);11/22/2014, p1
A reprint of the article "Geox confident after swinging to 9-month profit" by Katie Smith, which appeared in the online resource just-style.com on November 19, 2014 issue, is presented.
- Geox named most dynamic company. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;May/Jun2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
The article announces a recognition given by Italian investment bank Mediobanca to breathable footwear brand Geox based on its growth and profitability in 2007.
- Deconstructing the Patent. BUTTON, KEITH; Derby, Meredith // FN: Footwear News;5/26/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p82
The article focuses on the increasing number of patent applications being filed by companies in the U.S. footwear industry. It states that continuous technological innovations is making footwear companies to patent their fresh ideas and designs and mentions recent patents filed by various...