Beijing's Tactical Retreat
- Yuan A Bet? Murphy, Kevin // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/13/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 24, pB1
Discusses the exchange rate of the Chinese yuan renminbi to the U.S. dollar. Arguments on the value of the yuan; Risk of the distortion in the yuan's currency rate to the Chinese economy according to U.S. Treasury Secretary John W. Snow; Implication of the exchange rate on the pricing of U.S....
- China. // BOFIT Weekly;10/21/2016, Issue 42, p2
The article offers an update on the economic developments in China for the week of October 21, 2016, including the growth in the country's gross domestic product (GDP) for the third quarter in a row, the 0.1% year-on-year (y-o-y) increase in producer prices in September 2016 after 54 consecutive...
- Bright Economic Outlook. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p2
The article provides an optimistic economic forecast for China. Revisions at the end of 2005 revealed that the economic growth of China is 17 percent bigger than previously thought. Although there will be pressure for a more meaningful revaluation of the Chinese yuan in 2006, most notably from...
- China. // BOFIT Weekly;4/20/2012, Issue 16, p2
The article discusses developments in the economy of China, as of April 20, 2012. Figures from the National Bureau of Statistics revealed an 8.1% year-on-year increase in the real gross domestic product (GDP) growth in the first quarter of 2012. The People's Bank of China has widened the maximum...
- China. // BOFIT Weekly;10/23/2015, p2
The article presents an overview on economic situation of China in the third quarter in 2015 along with information on growth in the country's gross domestic product, decline in value of China's currency yuan and decline in industrial output growth.
- Iraq: Gradual Dinar Appreciation In 2009. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/23/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p19
The article predicts the gradual appreciation of the Iraqi dinar in 2009. The central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is expected to maintain its peg exchange rate policy through 2009 and set a target of IQD1,120 per U.S. dollar, representing appreciation of 3%. It will be supported with solid real gross...
- Hot Spots: China--Whither the Yuan. Belcs�k, Hans // Business Credit;Oct2003, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p63
Focuses on the efforts of U.S. Secretary John Snow to improve trade relations between the U.S. and China. Move of Snow to Lobby for the liberation of the marketplace in region; Improvements in the exchange rates of the yuan and the dollar; Removal of controls on cross-border capital flows.
- AN ERROR-CORRECTION ANALYSIS OF INDIA-US TRADE FLOWS. Tiwari, Aviral Kumar // Journal of Economic Development;Mar2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p29
The study finds that India's exports to the US have been significantly affected by GDP per capita of the US, WPI of the India and the US, and exchange rate; and India's import from the US is significantly affected the India's GDP and WPI in the long-run. Static analysis of causality asserts that...
- INDICATORS. // Latin Trade (English);Aug2004, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p60
Presents charts on the economic indicators of several countries in Latin America as of August 2004. Percentage annual change in gross domestic product; Producer and consumer prices; Exports and imports of goods; Interest and exchange rates.