Southeast Asia's 40 Richest
- Singapore's 40 Richest. NAM, SUZANNE; NGUYEN, LAN ANH; SAVAGE, PHYLLIS FANG; Flannery, Russell; MERTENS, BRIAN; JETLEY, NEERJA PAWHA; LIM, NOELLE; CHOPRA, TINA; YADAV, SUREKHA; CHEN, MAGGIE // Forbes Asia;Aug2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p58
The article offers information on some of the richest people in Singapore, including Kwek Leng Beng, and Zhong Sheng Jian and Sam Goi. Hong Leong Group headed by Kwek has interests in property, financial services, building materials. Zhong's Yanlord Land reported record profits of 300 million...
- Global Crossing. KARMALI, NAAZNEEN; BEHAL, AMBIKA; CHEN, CAROLINE; SAVAGE, PHYLLIS FANG; FLANNERY, RUSSELL; KILACHAND, SEAN; MERTENS, BRIAN; NAM, SUZANNE; JETLEY, NEERJA PAWHA; SOLOMON, BRIAN; TAN, JESSICA // Forbes Asia;Sep2013, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p116
The article discusses the business moves by the richest individuals in Singapore as of September 2013, particularly their expansions to foreign countries. It cites the plan by property developer City Developments chairman Kwek Leng Beng to expand in China and London, England. The other top...
- A time for vision, sound judgement and courage: Singapore's future is bright. Beng, Kwek Leng // Executive Speeches;Apr/May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p33
Presents a speech given at the opening dedication ceremony for the Republic Plaza, Singapore's tallest building to date, by Kwek Leng Beng, group executive chairman of the Hong Leong Group, on January 18, 1998.
- The Mystery Man Who Took the Plaza From Donald Trump. Kraar, Louis // Fortune;12/25/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 13, p50
Profiles Kwek Leng Beng, the Singapore investor who with Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bought New York City's Plaza hotel from Donald Trump. Kwek's investment style; His views of Trump; Details of Kwek's acquisition of the hotel.
- Malaysia's 40 Richest. Nam, Suzanne; Bahree, Megha; Chen, Caroline; Nguyen, Lan Ann; Perkinson, Glen; Viswanathan, Meenakshi // Forbes Asia;6/2/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p37
The article presents information on 40 richest people of Malaysia which include Robert Kuok, Ananda Krishnan, and Quek Leng Chan. Kuok whose total asset was assessed to be $10 billion has been involved in many businesses, including Hong Kong property, media, and his holding in palm oil company...
- Malaysia's 40 Richest. Doebele, Justin; Bahree, Megha // Forbes Asia;6/5/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p35
The article profiles richest businesspeople in Malaysia. The rich businesspeople include Robert Kuok, Vincent Tan and Anthony Fernandes.
- Malaysia's rich list. // Asian Pacific Post;2/27/2014, p11
The article reports on the annual Malaysia's Richest 40 list published on the February 6, 2014 issue of the "Malaysian Business" magazine, which listed businessman Richard Kuok as the richest man in Malaysia with a fortune of 54.48 billion ringgit.
- The 40 richest Pinoys. // Filipino Post;9/6/2012, p9
The article reports on the top 40 richest people in the Philippines including Henry Sy on the top with net worth of $9.1 billion, followed by Lucio Tan with $4.5 billion net worth, and Enrique Razon Jr. who manages the International Container Terminal Services (ICTS).
- The Philippines' 40 Richest. Doebele, Justin; Nam, Suzanne; Perkinson, Glen; Posadas, Joy; Williams, Steven // Forbes Asia;10/29/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p24
The article features the Philippines' 40 richest people. With a net worth of $2 billion, Jaime Zobel de Ayala owns the country's largest conglomerate Ayala Corp. Henry Sy, owner of SM Prime Holdings and Banco de Oro, has a net worth of $1.7 billion. Other businessmen mentioned were Lucio Tan of...