- Dealing in Liquid Assets. Lloyd-Smith, Jake // Time;4/5/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 14, p60
Olivia Lum, head of the fast-growing water-treatment company Hyflux, founded the company to pursue a wide range of water-related ventures in Asia, from cleaning wastewater in China to investing in desalination plants in Singapore. Today, Hyflux is one of the hottest firms in the Asian water...
- Seawater reverse-osmosis desalination plant opened in Algeria. // African Business News;11/11/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Scanning the globe for new markets. Fattah, Hassan // Chemical Week;5/8/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 18, p42
Reports on developments related to water treatment chemicals industry in the United States. Industry producers and service providers' recognition of the maturity of the US market; Industry analysts' focus on overseas markets; Companies' efforts to expand their business operations overseas.
- Suppliers struggle in buyers' market. Pospisil, Ray // Chemical Week;5/8/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 18, p46
Reports on developments related to water treatment chemicals industry in the United States. Suppliers' inability to control the market; Producers' efforts to expand their business overseas; Factors affecting the market.
- U.S. market still under pressure to cut costs. Cottrill, Ken // Chemical Week;5/10/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 18, p41
Discusses issues facing the water purification chemicals industry in the United States for 1995. New products introduced by leading companies; Trend towards waste minimization; Major market sectors for the industry. INSETS: Solid performance in overseas water treatment.., by K.C.;Research...
- Margins on the mend despite price pressure. Walsh, Kerri A.; Gain, Bruce // Chemical Week;5/7/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 18, p31
Focuses on the changes in the worldwide water treatment industry as a result of margin pressure that has sparked a series of mergers and acquisitions. Expected growth in the industry; Percentage of volume growth in water treatment in 1997; Significant deal that affected the rankings of the...
- U.S. companies tap into overseas markets. Walsh, Kerri; Westervelt, Robert; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/13/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 18, p44
Focuses on the global market for water chemicals in the United States. Implications of water chemical producers' acquisition activities; Why producers are targeting overseas companies; Prices of water treatment raw materials; Challenges facing the water treatment sector; Water legislation from...
- Small regional players battle the `six-pack'. Fattah, Hassan // Chemical Week;11/1/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 16, p27
Reports on the aggressive stance that small companies in the water treatment market is taking against the so-called `six-pack' circle composed of Betz, Nalco, Grace Dearborn, Calgon, Diversey and Ashland's Drew Industrial Division. Formation of al liances; Reliance on traditional marketing...
- Consolidation to continue in water treatment business. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/2/96, Vol. 250 Issue 23, p35
Reports on the continued consolidation in the water treatment chemical industry. Effect of consolidation on the pricing structure in the industry; Expected number of mergers in the industry in 1997.