- A Carrot, a Stick: What Makes a Manager Tick? Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Sep99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the methods of determining brokerage's branch managers compensation. Percentage of the salary of the branch manager's compensation; Considerations concerning the manager's bonus; Details on how Merrill Lynch determine compensation. INSET: The Move to Non-Producing Managers.
- Broker-Dealer Trading Volumes. // Securities Industry News;06/12/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p3
Presents a chart showing Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. topping all securities broker-dealers in listed trading volume for the first quarter of 2000.
- Push for say on pay is losing its oomph. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;6/23/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p21
The article reports that about 100 companies, including New York firms as Citigroup Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co., were facing resolutions demanding that shareholders be granted a nonbinding vote on how top people are paid. Given the dismal results posted by these companies, proponents were...
- IN BRIEF. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/26/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4279, p11
Presents news briefs on the hospitality industry in Great Britain as of June 26, 2003. Loss of the staff feeding contract of Sodexho with Merrill Lynch in London; Details on the salaries of Compass Group chairman Francis Mackay and CEO Michael Bailey; Deadline for the application of entries for...
- FOCUS: 40 UNDER 40: Michael Marcovici. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;11/21/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p76
This article profiles Michael Marcovici, vice-president of the private banking and investment group at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Marcovici is one of only 200 among 14,000 Merrill Lynch's financial gurus who have earned the title of private wealth adviser. Officially, that means he's book-smart...
- Merrill official calls for securities firms to take tough... Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;11/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30270, p5
Focuses on compliance in business and its effects on securities industry presented by Merrill Lynch and Co. Significance of poor compliance behavior to a business firm; Description of good corporate culture; Suggestion on how firms should be concerned about a `return on integrity.'
- Merrill ads show unit's unique approach. Callahan, Sean // B to B;10/25/2004, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p9
This article presents information on advertising campaigns of Merrill Lynch & Co. and its first vice president, Marie Chinnici, Global Markets and Investments. In early October, Merrill Lynch& amp; Co.'s Global Markets& amp; Investment banking group launched its first advertising campaign in six...
- Merrill Tight-Lipped on Online Trading. Duran, Danielle // On Wall Street;May99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p25
Reveals the business performance of the online trading service launched by Merrill Lynch. Total number of the company's clients that uses the online trading service; Clients the company targets for its online trading.
- MANAGING SMA growth. McReynolds, Rebecca // On Wall Street;Nov2003, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on managing separately managed account (SMA) growth. Reason for the popularity of SMA according to Jeffrey Applestein, a financial advisor with Merrill Lynch in Burlington, Massachusetts; Force driving the use of SMA; Overview of how private managers perform overall. INSET: MANAGING...