Man Bites Company
- Stocks and scares. // New Scientist;9/17/2005, Vol. 187 Issue 2517, p4
This article reports that the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) appears to be the latest institution to bow to pressure from animal rights groups. Last week it was due to float Life Sciences Research Inc., the U.S.-based parent company of Huntingdon Life Sciences Ltd. in Cambridgeshire, England,...
- WHEN ACTIVISTS ATTACK. Bohacik, Ashley // Risk Management (00355593);Mar2008, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p30
The article reports on clashes between companies and animal rights activists, detailing Life Sciences Research Inc.'s troubles with two activist groups, Win Animal Rights and Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty. In December 2006, the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) decided to list shares in Life...
- Duking it out. Horowitz, Jed // Financial Planning;Apr98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p81
Discusses how the New York Stock Exchange's (NYSE) proposed changes to Rule 500 can make it easier for companies to defect and for exchanges to get even more aggressive in filching listings. National Association of Securities Dealer's approval of NYSE's plan to ease its onerous delisting;...
- Zarb: NYSE Delisting Amendment Unfair. Hoffman, William // Traders Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 157, p10
Comments on the amendment of Rule 500 by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), which makes it easier for companies listed on the NYSE to de-list and look for another exchange. Protest of Frank Zarb, chairman of the National Association of Securities Dealers; Information on the rule; Remarks from...
- The state of America. Jon Robins; Robins, Jon // Lawyer;1/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p19
This article reports that while over the last few weeks the corporate backlash against the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation has gathered further momentum on both sides of the Atlantic, there are some businesses that are beginning to see the benefits. Over the last month, European companies such as BT...
- Dave & Buster's switches listing to New York Stock Exchange. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/07/99-06/14/99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p33
Cites plans by Dave & Buster's Inc. to list its shares of common stock on the New York Stock Exchange. Company's compliance with listing criteria.
- New York Stock Exchange Suspends Reliance Securities, Announces Plans To Delist Them. // Insurance Advocate;12/16/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 50, p24
Focuses on the decision of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) to suspend trading in the common stock and other NYSE-listed securities of Reliance Group Holdings Inc. Reasons for the decision of NYSE.
- Boise Subject to Delisting by NYSE. // Official Board Markets;11/15/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 46, p12
The article announces that Boise Inc. has been advised by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) that it does not currently comply with NYSE continued listing standards in Boise, Idaho. The company has 45 days to submit a plan that shows its ability to attain compliance with the continued listing...
- ImmunoCellular stock listed on NYSE MKT. // Medical Device Daily;5/29/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 101, p4
The article reports on the approval received by clinical-stage firm ImmunoCellular Therapeutics for its stock listing on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).