- Republic of the undead. // India Today;4/16/2012, p22
The article assesses the situation in India. It describes how the country has allegedly become irredeemable under the government of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in 2012 despite its rise to become an Asian economic miracle in the era of globalisation. It contends that despite charges of...
- "Corruption is sapping the confidence of the nation". // India Today;4/4/2011, p35
The article discusses issues related to world economy and politics as of April 2011. A change in the balance of economic power reflected by the changing nature of the global economy, due partly in the rise of China and India, is cited. The article also mentions changes in Indian politics, as...
- Indians frustrated with graft: poll. // South Asian Post;5/26/2011, p20
The article reports on the result of a poll regarding the response of Indians on the nation's increasing corruption level.
- From the Editor. TYAGI, ANIL // Gfiles;Jun2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue which include the policy paralysis in India, the Supreme Court's decision on the Section 6-A of the Prevention of Corruption Act, and the bureaucracy changes in the nation.
- India's new watchdogs bite back. Kremmer, Janaki Bahadur // Christian Science Monitor;3/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 84, p6
Reports on the broadcasting of video footage of senior Indian officials allegedly accepting bribes from journalists posing as arms contractors. Reaction of the Indian public to the video footage, which was aired on television and the Internet; Resignation of Bangaru Laxman, president of India's...
- Why PM is 'Dead Serious' And Dead Wrong. Krishna, Bala Murali // India -- West;3/4/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 15, pA16
The article discusses perspectives on the seriousness of Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in dealing with countrywide important issues such as political corruption, governance and coalition compulsions.
- Union Cabinet moots changes in Lokpal. Shukla, Vinod K. // Sahara Time;2/9/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 506, p10
The article reports on some important amendments of the Lokpal Sanha bill proposed on January 31, 2013 and to be approved by India's Union Cabinet which proposes anti-corruption legislation.
- India's Democracy is Alive and Well. Ganguli, Amulya // News India Times;01/06/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
The author discusses that the democracy in India is still alive and well despite of political unstable, corruption and economic trouble.
- Premature Celebrations. // India Today;3/14/2011, p42
The article reports that the Indian Joint Parliamentary Committee is investigating two recent members who are suspected of accepting gifts from political and corporate persons.