THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE
- Summer. // Christianity Today;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p46
The article presents several quotations about summer from several authors including A. W. Tozer, Edith Wharton and Gary D. Schmidt.
- THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE. // Forbes Asia;10/29/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p88
The article presents quotes from Malcolm S. Forbes advising people that if they have a good thought, they should grab it, Joseph Joubert saying that thought is created in the soul, and William Blake pointing out that one thought fills immensity.
- THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE. // Forbes Asia;9/17/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p168
The article presents quotes from Malcolm S. Forbes who thinks that golf link drivers go further than putterers, Paul Gallico who is convinced that if there is larceny in a man, golf will bring it out and Emily Post who criticized golf as a severe strain upon the amiability of the average...
- THE APPROVAL MATRIX. // New York;3/10/2008, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p150
This article offers news briefs related to culture, science, and entertainment. Writer Edith Wharton's estate, currently a nonprofit museum, may be foreclosed on. Scientists are building a vault for a depository of agricultural seeds in the Arctic. Television program "Friday Night Lights" may...
- Edith Wharton's `Secret Sensitiveness,' The Decoration of Houses, and her fiction. Jones, Suzanne W. // Journal of Modern Literature;Winter97/98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p177
Highlights the works of literary author Edith Wharton, who lived most of her life in France. Reference to her last unfinished book `The Buccaneers'; Other books including `The Decoration of Houses' and `Writing of Fiction's; Background information on Wharton; Brief review of some of her books.
- 'Loyal Saints or Devious Rascals': Domestic Servants in Edith Wharton's Stories 'The Lady's Maid's Bell' and 'All Souls' Inness, Sherrie A. // Studies in Short Fiction;Fall99, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p337
Comments on the plot of the short stories 'The Lady's Maid's Bell' and 'All Souls,' by Edith Wharton. Importance of interior spaces for Wharton; Concept of the stories of Wharton on critical scrutiny; Economic system of the fiction of Wharton.
- The Inner House of Edith Wharton. Lundie, Catherine // Old-House Interiors;Mar2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the authorship of Edith Wharton on interior decoration. Use of interior decor as a metaphor for everything from personality to social class; Description of wharton of her characters' interior; List of books written by Wharton.
- A scribe's sanctuary. Calvert, Catherine // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p82
Describes the interior decoration and the furnishings found in Edith Wharton's bedroom at her house in Lenox, Massachusetts, called The Mount. Wharton's decorating habits; Association of the different pieces in the room to her search for beauty; Wharton's writing about The Mount. INSET: We...
- Social studies. // People;10/4/93, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p96
Reports on the revival of novelist Edith Wharton's books. Martin Scorsese's adaptation of Wharton's Pulitzer-prize winning `The Age of Innocence' book; Book sales; Release of a film version of `Ethan Flame'; Studied indirectness of Wharton's characters' sexuality; Family background; Marriage to...