Adventures in The Rag Trade
- Projected Winner. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/14/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 34, p6
The article offers information on the clothing collections presented by fashion designers competing for the 2006 season of Project Runway. Santino Rice showed a collection of feminine cocktail frocks and column gowns. Daniel Vosovic showed a lineup a fur-lined vest and an easy knit wrap blouse....
- long story. Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Aug2006 WWDMagic, p42
The article reports on the expected popularity of women's clothing with layered looks and romantic styles during Spring 2007 in the U.S. Designers are layering tunic tops, Indian-style kurtas, romantic blouses and novelty T-shirts over leggings, capri pants and Bermuda shorts. They also offer...
- Fashion scoop. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/26/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 37, p7
Presents news of interest for fashion wear consumers and designers. Opening of the Louis Vuitton store in New Bond Street, which carries Marc Jacobs' Vuitton ready-to-wear; List of informal designer showrooms in the Metropolitan hotel; Opening of a shop by Joseph Ettedgui in New York that will...
- Paris in the Springtime. Hall, Cecily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/27/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 91, p16
This section presents the Paris, France's top collections for spring 2006 based on the number of Style.com page views during the first 12 days they were posted online.
- My fash-spiration. // Dolly;Dec2012, Issue 504, p15
Several photographs of fashion styles are presented, including superhero, Rainbow Brite and toucan.
- Refined, Complete Looks Dominate at Dallas Market. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/12/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 123, p25
The article focuses on the emergence of ensemble dressing and cleaner styling during the four-day market at FashionCenterDallas in Texas, that ended on June 4, 2006. Though buyers still invested in item tops, jackets and denim that have performed well at retail, the idea of presenting a more...
- Swede Lineup. Haight, Sarah; Antonov, Pasha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/30/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 70, p4
The article reports on the development of the Burfitt clothing line by designer Lovisa Burfitt in Sweden. Burfitt started working on T-shirts, wool and silk jackets, bustiers and skirts. She asserts that her collection, which were now available in 65 stores worldwide, was influenced by music....
- 10 best fashion. // Marie Claire (US Edition);Apr2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p74
The article presents information on the latest trends in the fashion industry. It includes a top from DKNY Jeans, a dress from Necessary Objects, sunglasses by Nordstrom and capri pants from Banana Republic.
- THE NEW GENERATION OF POWER BROKERS. // Time;Fall2005 Style & Design, Vol. 166, p69
Presents an introduction to articles about the new generation of fashion designers. Report that the power in the fashion and beauty industry is changing hands.