TITLE

AN INCREASINGLY BIG DEAL

AUTHOR(S)
Malone, Robert
PUB. DATE
March 2006
SOURCE
Forbes Asia;3/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p40
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the increasing importance of Asian port operators in the international market. U.S. politicians were alarmed when it transpired that Dubai Ports World had secured the rights to operate six U.S. container ports. The Shanghai container port in China has opened the Yanghan Deep Water Port on an island. Despite the lead of Asian ports in the international market, the companies remain to be in less advantageous position to support infrastructure.
ACCESSION #
20957180

 

Related Articles

  • DP World and ZIM Ports Buy Spanish Container Terminal.  // Outsourced Logistics;Sep2008, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p8 

    The article reports on the partnership of DP World and ZIM Ports in buying the Tarragona Container Terminal in Spain. It states that under the partnership, DP World will own 60% of the operations, and ZIM will own the remaining 40%. This is the first port for DP World in Spain. The terminal has...

  • Dubai Ports Buys P&O.  // Traffic World;12/12/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 50, p31 

    The article reports that Dubai Ports World has agreed to purchase P&O, the British ports and ferry group, for $5.7 billion. The deal is projected to establish the world's third-biggest container terminal operator. DP World will be retaining P&O's headquarters in London, England, and Chief...

  • Marine Ports & Services Industry Profile: Global.  // Marine Ports & Services Industry Profile: Global;Mar2009, p1 

    Presents a profile of the Marine Ports & Services industry in the World. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.

  • Marine Ports & Services Industry Profile: Global.  // Marine Ports & Services Industry Profile: Global;Apr2008, p1 

    Presents a profile of the Marine Ports & Services industry in the World. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.

  • Fairview Terminal is game changer for Northern BC. Quigley, Leo // American Journal of Transportation;8/26/2013, Issue 562, p13 

    The article reports on the significant service of Fairview Container Terminal, the sole terminal north of Vancouver, British Columbia in 2013, in facilitating product loading into boxes at Prince George and other northern communities and forwarding them to Fairview for export.

  • The cost of ignorance. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);7/17/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p6 

    Comments on the need for legislators and the public to understand the importance of the shipping industry. Factors that led to controversial issues about the Dubai Ports World deal; Challenges faced by international ship operators in the U.S.; Recommendation for an ongoing communication program...

  • Turning the corner. Tirschwell, Peter // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/3/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p46 

    Reflects on a variety of issues relevant to the shipping industry in the U.S. Controversies surrounding DP World; Security problems associated with harbors and the industry; Provisions of a bill that authorizes the Department of Homeland to improve security for all modes of transportation.

  • Economy Drive. Davidson, Dean // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Sep2003, p24 

    Reports economic revolution and industrial transformations in the container liner shipping industry and container ports in China. Assessment of long-term prospects at ports; Development on containers; Port modernization. INSET: Tech Specs.

  • Asian bottleneck. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/12/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p19 

    Depicts the congestion of shipping ports in Asia and its effect on U.S. container ports by 2003. Analysis of port congestion in Shanghai, China; Problem of port congestion in the U.S. West Coast; Impact of the severe acute respiratory syndrome virus on imports from Asia.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics