THE BOX That Changed Asia and the World
- Traffic Up at NY & NJ. // Traffic World;10/16/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 42, p33
The article reports on the business performance of the ports of New York and New Jersey on containerization cargo. The new record for the containerization during the first six months of 2006, surpassing 1.8 million loaded twenty-foot equivalent units. The overall loaded containerized cargo...
- US IMPORTS DRIVE TRANS-ATLANTIC GROWTH. Salisbury, Marsha // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/9/2015, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p27
The article focuses on trans-Atlantic containerized trade in September 2014. Topics discussed include the increase in U.S. trade moving on container ships directly via European ports and the retention of Germany as the largest trading partner. Growth projections for ocean carriers Mediterranean...
- Luftwaffe, Ballast and Shipping Containers. LSTIBUREK, JOSEPH W. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2014, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p46
This article discusses the use of ballasts for shipping containers. Topics covered include the importance of ballasts for ships, a history of the use of ballasts in ships, the solution made by mechanical engineer Keith Tantlinger for moving cargo on ships for businessman Malcom McLean, and the...
- Stormy waters ahead. Penfold, Andrew // JoC Week;1/7/2002 Annual Review, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p12
Discusses problems faced by the container shipping industry in 2002. Inclusion of the after-effects of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States; High level of orders for new container vessels; Projection of marginal growth for containerization between the middle of 2001 and...
- A tricky course. Dupin, Chris // JoC Week;1/7/2002 Annual Review, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p18
Discusses challenges to be faced by the container shipping industry in 2002. Inclusion of shipyards' production of a large number of ships despite a projected decline in demand; Problems involving shipowners who charter container ships to the industry; Number of shipping companies that sought...
- JOC By the Numbers. Salisbury, Marsha // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/9/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p80
Statistics are presented on the U.S. retail inventory-to-sale ratio, Drewry container rate benchmark and U.S. Intermodal Traffic Yields.
- Early Success for PierPass. // Traffic World;8/29/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 35, p26
Reports on the development of a new container fee program to encourage freight to move during off-peak hours in Southern California. Economic benefits of the PierPass for trucking; Reduction in the congestion during peak traffic times on freeways leading to the ports; Details of the program.
- PierPass Scores Early. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;7/4/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 27, p27
Focuses on OffPeak, a new container processing system at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, California. Aim to ensure continuous cargo flow; Requirements for the cargo program movement; Details for registration and contact information.
- ClearTrack Ahead. Leach, Peter T. // Traffic World;11/1/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 44, p31
Reports on the growth of the intermodal business at the ExpressRail intermodal terminal in New Jersey's Port Elizabeth despite startup problems and container backups. Expansion of on-dock intermodal rail service to four of the port's container terminal to handle increasing cargo volumes;...