- TREND SPOTTING. Francese, Peter // American Demographics;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p50
Discusses the effect of demographic changes on consumer spending and businesses in the U.S. Factors that affect stock valuations; Benefits of the growth in the number of younger consumers for businesses; Impact of a decrease in the number of older consumers on consumer expenditures.
- Surge in short-selling points to City doubts over supermarkets. Mattinson, Alec // Grocer;1/24/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8189, p11
The article discusses the implications of the increase in short-selling of shares of supermarkets in London, England in early 2015.
- Talk about the Year Ahead: Oil Prices, Interest Rates, and the 'Groundhog Day Economy'. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;12/12/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p14
The article focuses on the impact of the housing market and rising energy costs on consumers and business in the United States. It is opined that many factors will be considered when it comes to consumer spending in the year ahead. The biggest short-term factor to be considered would be the...
- The sky isn't falling…. Preece, Howard // Finweek;3/29/2007, p50
The article presents the author's analysis regarding the issue on the status of share prices and housing markets in the U.S. He said that credit problems for low-net-worth consumers are not an essential issue which triggered everyone to believed that U.S. share prices and housing markets are...
- SECOND QUARTER STOCK REPORT. // Crain's Detroit Business;07/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p28
Presents a chart depicting the second quarter stock price report in the United States as of July 2000. Percentage gains and losses of the companies' stock prices; Account on Secom General Corp., Handleman Co. and Captec Net Lease Realty Inc. as top performers; List of stock issues; Stocks of...
- EQUITIES Special Situations complete recommendations. // Equities Special Situations;11/13/98, Issue 466, p8
Presents information on the stock prices of various companies in the United States, as of October 1998.
- FORECASTS MONITORED LIST. // Dow Theory Forecasts;7/2/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 27, p7
Presents a chart depicting the stock prices of the business enterprises in the United States.
- Focus List retreats. // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/1/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 40, p6
Reports the focus list price changes of business enterprises in the United States as of November, 2001. Decrease in the September-quarter per-share earnings of Conoco Inc.; Trading in the stocks of Merck and Company Inc.; Expectation of Tyco International Limited on its 2002 per-share earnings....
- News Roundup. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/11/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p2
Presents news relevant to the stock price updates in the United States as of March 11, 2002. Expectations by AT&T Corp. that its cable television telephone service will break even in March; Contract received by Honeywell to buil new engines for the United States Army Chinook helicopters.