- IBM's Cell Division. Kirkpatrick, David // Fortune;3/6/2006, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p30
This article reports on the announcement by IBM that it will install its new Cell processor chip into servers for business customers. The chip is the driving force in Sony's PlayStation 3. The Cell is the heart of an IBM project called Quasar, an effort to align all of the company's products...
- SONY SELLS CELL. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;10/21/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p26
The article reveals that Sony Corp. sold its Cell microprocessor chip production lines to Toshiba Corp. on October 18, 2007. The companies are working out price details. Early 2008 is the target for getting the deal done. IBM Corp., Toshiba and Sony co-developed the Cell microprocessor. It is...
- Team Player. Fletcher, Seth // Popular Mechanics;Oct2006, Vol. 183 Issue 10, p24
The article presents information on the Cell multitasking processor that would run Sony Corp.'s next generation PlayStation 3 video game. The makers of Cell claim that the chip will be the blueprint for the next generation of microprocessors. Cell contains one Power Architecture processor and...
- THE PS3 ECONOMY. Prospero, Michael A. // Fast Company;Nov2006, Issue 110, p28
The article discusses the arrival of Sony's video game console PlayStation 3 (PS3) and its store release date of November 17, 2006. Its success or failure will have a profound impact not only on Sony but also on its complicated network of partners and rivals. IBM and Toshiba are co-developers...
- Video games now at library. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/10/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p7
The article reports on the move of the Friends of the Lake Whitney Library in Whitney, Texas to offer children a chance to play a Playstation 2 videogame system at the library.
- Karaoke. Scott, Richard // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2010, Issue 128, p43
The article presents choices for enjoying karaoke, including pub/karaoke hall, the SingStar system for the Sony PlayStation and hiring Karaoke machines.
- PS3 SALES PASS 50 MILLION. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p6
The article reports that the sales of PlayStation 3 (PS3) have reached more than 50 million worldwide as of April 3, 2011.
- Fast AND Cool. Murray, Charles J. // Design News;2/5/2007, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p36
The article presents information related to the development of the gaming console Play Station 3 (PS3) by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Sony was determined to make a product that should have no match. So, it teamed with various companies for the development of different parts. These companies...
- Rambus showcases XDR memory. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;2/5/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p27
The article reports that Rambus Inc. will have demonstrations, presentations and panels scheduled to explain its XDR memory architecture and its implementation in Sony's Playstation 3 gaming system. The company also plans to demonstrate its FlexIO processor as well as the DDR processor bus...