Bricks and Vinegar
- B2B Logistics rises from the ashes of Clearway. Brown, Roger // Commercial Motor;1/19/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5467, p6
The article reports on the rise of Nottingham, England-based Clearway Distribution Ltd. after it has been sold to its existing management team due to unmanageable cash-flow situation. It says that the haulage company went into administration on January 5, 2012 under administrators Chris Stirland...
- Aussie packaging giant buys South African business. Tilley, Kate // Plastics News;4/6/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p0022
The article reports on the acquisition of Johannesburg, South Africa-based packaging company Nampak Holdings Ltd.'s Nampak Flexibles division by Melbourne, Victoria-based packaging company Amcor Ltd. Topics discussed include the acquisition price based on Nampak Flexibles' profitability...
- The hottest media property that's not for sale? Time Inc. Ives, Nat // Crain's New York Business;4/16/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p10
The article presents information related to the sale of Time Inc. Richard Parsons, chief executive officer of Time Warner Inc., recently told a meeting of 400 workers about a conversation he had with Warren Buffett, a businessman from Omaha, Nebraska, concerning selling Time Inc. This company...
- Curmudgeon's Countdown. Treadgold, Tim // Forbes Asia;5/25/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p37
The article presents an interview with Len Buckeridge, the owner of Buckeridge Group of Cos. (BGC) in Australia. Buckeridge says that he might die after 12 months. The businessman talks about various construction projects in which his firm is involved. Buckeridge also discusses the cancer...
- Managers buy MacLellan Rubber. Eldridge, David // Rubber & Plastics News;7/26/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p7
The article reports that Wolverhampton, England-based MacLellan Rubber, a division of packing and static seals maker Beldam Burgmann Ltd., has been acquired by a management group. The plant was renovated during the last two years. According to the company, the site has more than 20,000 square...
- Bagel Factory looks for sale. // British Baker;11/4/2011, p5
The article reports on the lookout of Bagel Factory for an outright sale or an injection of an investment to develop its growth in Great Britain.
- FYI... // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/9/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 15, p1
Reports developments in the air conditioning industry in the U.S. as of November 2002. Sale of Fasco Motors business of Invesys PLC to Tecumseh Products Co.; Establishment of a sales and service facility by Air Enterprises; Certification received by Temtrol for its Series WF air-handling unit.
- Nashua's new Corning plant is up for sale. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/27/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p33
Deals with the offering of Corning Incorporated's photonic plant in Nashua, New Hampshire for sale in July 2001. Significance of the plant's construction in September 2000; Basis of Coring's decision to sell the plant.
- SUMCO PUTS OHIO WAFER FACILITY UP FOR SALE. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;4/5/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p14
The article examines the decision of Sumco to sell its semiconductor wafer manufacturing facility in Cincinnati, Ohio.