Help Is On The Way!
- Federal preemption of state consumer fraud regulations: American Airlines, Inc. v. Wolens... Delacourt, John T. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Summer95, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p903
Examines the implications of the enactment of Airline Deregulation Act (ADA), superseding the Federal Aviation Act, which contained a detailed preemption of state consumer fraud regulation provision. Utilization of the case of `American Airlines, Inc. v. Wolens' as legal framework; Background...
- The American Experiment. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/10/2005, Vol. 163 Issue 14, p60
This article focuses on the four-part Turnaround Plan in 2003 introduced by Gerard J. Arpey, not long after he was named president and chief executive officer of American Airlines Inc. The program was designed to dampen volatility on their earnings, not to make a guess on which direction oil was...
- Congress backs reform of airline bankruptcy law. Phillips, Edward H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/30/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 22, p58
Reports on the possibility of Congressional approval of changes to American bankruptcy laws that would discourage prolonged bankruptcy by failed airlines. Importance of reform of the bankruptcy code; Revisions as part of the Bankruptcy Amendments Act of 1993; Changes favorable to airlines.
- Monitoring the journals. Houston, David; Bateman, Fred // Business Economics;Apr90, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p67
Comments on Kenneth W. Thornicroft's article `Airline Deregulation and the Airline Labour Market' that appeared in the spring 1989 issue of `Journal of Research.' Impact of the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 on the airline industry in the United States; Problems faced by labor sector.
- The effects of airline deregulation on shareholder wealth: Some additional evidence. El-Gazzar, Samir M.; Sannella, Alexander J. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Jun96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p144
Examines the effects of airline industry deregulation in the United States on the market value of shareholders' equity. Measurement of market reaction to the events that led to the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978; Findings that market favors airline deregulation; Anticipation of increase in...
- The effects of deregulation on the U.S. airline industry. Chung, Chung-Cheng; Szenberg, Michael // Journal of Applied Business Research;Summer96, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p133
Studies the financial performance of the airline industry of the United States upon the passage of the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978. Industry's potential to return to profitability through restructuring; Application of Altman's Z-score model to illustrate the stability of the industry...
- THE STOCK MARKET EFFECTS OF AIRLINE DEREGULATION. Davidson, Wallace N.; Chandy, P. R.; Walker, Mike // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Autumn84, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p31
Assesses the impact of the passage of Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 on the security returns in the airline industry in the U.S. Examination of the Act; Overview of sample data used in assessing the impact of deregulation on the industry; Computation of abnormal returns; Changes that...
- AIRLINE DEREGULATION: ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE FROM THE CAPITAL MARKETS. Vetsuypens, Michael R.; Helmuth, John A. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring88, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p117
This paper analyzes the wealth impact of the 1978 Airline Deregulation Act on the U.S. airline industry. The results indicate that significant reductions in share prices occurred around the publication of articles that signaled an increase in the probability of airline deregulation in the period...
- Airline deregulation. Robson, John E. // Regulation;Spring98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p17
Focuses on airline deregulation in the United States. Benefits of the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978; The origins of deregulation; Evaluating deregulation; Important catalyst behind the airline industry's success.