- Newcomers on a roll. Hooper, Narelle; Langford, Ross; Greenwood, Ross // BRW;05/25/98, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p30
Presents information on the people joining the list of the rich 200 in Australia for the first time in 1998. Rising global pull for strong private businesses leading to acquisition deals; Nick Balagiannis and Mick Mitris among other business owners who were bought out and greatly increased...
- Newfield Gets Bridge to Buy EEX. // Bank Loan Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p2
Reports on the plan of oil firm Newfield Exploration to purchase EEX Corp.
- WELL OF CONTENTION. // NACLA Report on the Americas;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p16
Comments on the economic and political aspects of expanding oil and fuel production in Venezuela and other countries in Latin America. Sovereign control of oil companies in Mexico and the effects on its economy; Mergers of profit-driven businesses in Venezuela; Relation of environmental...
- Terra Nova super alliance--glimpse of the future. Furlow, William // Offshore;Apr98, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p142
Reports on Petro-Canada's application of the concept of alliance to assure maximum profitability for the development of the Terra Nova in Newfoundland. Comparison of the concept with the traditional system of staffing up in terms of efficiency; Oil service companies composing the alliance and...
- Jay Petroleum buys Rader Oil. // National Petroleum News;Aug99, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p6
Reports the acquisition of assets of Rader Oil Co. by Jay Petroleum, Inc. in Indiana.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy // Christian Science Monitor;7/5/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 156, p24
Presents two business news briefs for July 5, 2000, including a report on the pledge by Saudi Arabia to increase production of crude oil, and attempts by the European Union's executive commission to stop two United States companies from taking joint control of a British cable-television operator.
- Petro Vend Acquires Emco Electronics. // National Petroleum News;May2002, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p9
Reports the acquisition of Emco Electronics by Petro Vend. Company background; Changes in the business operations of the company; Impact of the merger on the petroleum industry.
- RECIPE FOR ENERGY M&A. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/27/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 21, p7
Focuses on the global merger trend of the energy sector. Outlook of traders on oil price stability; Advantage of oil companies integration on the energy sector; Role of high credit rating companies on helping indebted companies.
- MAGAZINE MARKETPLACE: THE LATEST DEALS, DEVELOPMENTS, DAMAGEï¿½AND DRAMA. Lindsay, Greg; Van Dyke, Geoff; G.L. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p11
Reports developments in the magazine marketplace as of September 2002. Acquisition on Network Communications by Gallarus Media; Sale of ExitInfo to Primedia; Debt restructuring of Ziff Davis Media.