- CANCER MAN. Herper, Matthew // Forbes Asia;10/19/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p66
The article presents information related to the richest man in the drug business, Patrick Soon-Shiong with emphasis on his breast cancer drug Abraxane. According to Soon-Shiong, part of the explanation for metastasis is provided by his decades of work on the drug. To fund Abraxane's development...
- MEDICINE'S MANHATTAN PROJECT. HERPER, MATTHEW; PINES, ETHAN // Forbes Asia;Oct2014 Supplement, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p22
The article profiles Patrick Soon-Shiong, American surgeon, and discusses his project that would connect all the data about a patient in the hospital, and combine it with genetic information. Topics discussed include his attempt in pancreas cell transplants for treatment of diabetes in the...
- American Pharmaceutical Partners receives ANDA approval for valproate sodium injection. // PharmaWatch: CNS;August 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p23
Reports that American Pharmaceutical Partners Inc. has received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the Abbreviated New Drug Application for valproate sodium injection in the U.S. Indication of the injection as monotherapy and adjunctive therapy in the treatment of patients...
- 4 Things We're Not Supposed to Tell You About This Issue. B R OWN, BILL // Los Angeles Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p10
An introduction for the articles published in the periodical is presented including art works in San Francisco, California, businessman Patrick Soon-Shiong and criminal literature.
- Good Drugs, Great Timing. Bertoni, Steven // Forbes Asia;3/30/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p68
The article reports on the fortune increase of doctor Patrick Soon-Shiong who made two billion dollars due to great timing and great companies while some billionaires hemorrhaged cash.
- Biotech Billionaire Wields New Weapons for Fighting Cancer. Keshavan, Meghana // San Diego Business Journal;2/10/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the effort of biotechnology billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong to develop a drug to treat cancer by studying a patient's genes and the proteins that they code for.
- Southern California's Wealthiest. Leupold, Julie // Orange County Business Journal;8/2/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p42
The article reports on the ranking of the "Orange County Business Journal," for the top three richest man in Southern California which includes Donald Bren, Patrick Soon-Shiong and Angeleno Kirk Kerkonian.
- AEG ON THE BLOCK: BIDDERS CIRCLE, WILL PRICE TOP $7B? MILLER, DANIEL // Hollywood Reporter;10/5/2012, Issue 34, p22
The article reports on the bidders of the purchase deal involving Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc. (AEG) including Los Angeles, California biotechnology billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong, Comcast Corp., and Madison Square Garden Co.
- Navigating a Political Minefield. Barack, Lauren // On Wall Street;Jun2008, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p52
An interview with Patrick Soon-Shiong, chairman at APP Pharmaceuticals, is presented. When asked about the greatest factor affecting the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S., he cites the projected increase in healthcare cost to about 15% to 20% of gross domestic product (GDP). He states that the...