- MEMO PAD. Bercovici, Jeff; Apodaca, Rose; James, Sara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/5/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 71, p14
Presents news briefs on the magazine industry as of April 5, 2005. Plan of liquor magnate Sidney Frank to start a luxury lifestyle magazine; Reports concerning the "Los Angeles Times Magazine"; Updates on the "Paper" magazine.
- Expert Opinion on the Wine Market. STORCHMANN, KARL // Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society;Jun2015, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p129
The article discusses wine market and mentions wine magazines in United States and expert opinion in wine industry. Topics discussed include wine blogs, wine consumers and wine quality are also discussed. Other topics which includes awards given to wine, describing taste and smells of wine and...
- Congratulations on 25 years of the Wine Industry Journal. Rozman, Josephine // Australian & New Zealand Wine Industry Journal;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p9
The article offers the author's insights on the 25th year of the "Wine Industry Journal," in which she cites an article in the first issue of the journal in 1986 on wine industry by Robert Hesketh.
- WINEMAKER OF THE YEAR 2006. Forrestal, Peter // Australian Gourmet Traveller WINE;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p53
The article presents information on the 2006 winemaker of the year award of the journal "Gourmet Traveller WINE." The 2006 award was sponsored by the Sydney, New South Wales-based wine merchant, Kemenys. This year, the judges have found that their deliberations have increasingly led them to...
- We. // Harpers Wine & Spirit;12/2/2011, Issue 76, p22
The article offers information on the At Your Service section to be introduced by the magazine, which will focus on the on-trade wine sector.
- The billionaire who was crazy for golf. Kindred, Dave // Golf Digest;Jun2007, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p101
This article profiles billionaire Sidney Frank. Frank, who made his money as the owner of the Grey Goose vodka company, is described as an avid golfer and a lover of the sport of golf. The article notes that Frank would golf with his friends on a daily basis and would regularly bet on golf...
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Sarris, Judy // Australian Gourmet Traveller WINE;Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p6
The article presents an introduction to the February 01, 2006 issue of the journal "Australian Gourmet Traveller Wine." On page 64, Nick Stock investigates local and imported reds that can benefit from various degrees of chilling and introduces his favourite rosÃ©s into the mix. The tasting...
- Conspicuous Consumption. Hessel, Evan // Forbes Global;3/28/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p65
Provides information on the most extravagant spenders in 2005 and their luxurious purchases. Cost of the wedding expenses of the daughter of Indian steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal in June; Estimated amount spent by Russian oil magnate Roman Abramovich for an assortment of multimillion-dollar...
- Frank to prep luxury mag. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;3/1/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 45, p2
The article reports that liquor baron Sidney Frank, who sold the Grey Goose vodka brand lo Bacardi for $2.3 billion in 2004, is getting into the media business. The mogul is planning a celebrity-focused high-end luxury magazine in the fall that will rank the trappings of the high life. Franks...