- To Know List 4: The motor in Detroit. Crossman, Matt // Sporting News;6/7/2004, Vol. 228 Issue 23, p5
If there were an award for sports owner of the year, Bill Davidson would be a shoo-in candidate. Davidson owns the basketball team Detroit Pistons (one win from the NBA Finals, entering the week), hockey team Tampa Bay Lightning (in the Stanley Cup finals), apart from other teams. Davidson is...
- Creative Financing Buys Ottawa Senators. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/14/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the purchase of the Ottawa Senators National Hockey League franchise by a Canadian limited partnership firm. Details of the transaction; Value of the sale; Background on the Canadian partnership.
- Lord Jim. Price, S. L. // Sports Illustrated;2/12/2007, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p64
This article profiles James Dolan, controversial owner of Cablevision and the New York Knicks and New York Rangers, and coach Isiah Thomas. Dolan has a reputation for his temper and his ruthless business tactics but he's had trouble transforming his struggling sports teams. Years of losing has...
- Pyrotechnics by Finley. // Time;6/3/1974, Vol. 103 Issue 22, p68
The article focuses on the life, works and achievements of Charles Oscar Finley in the Kansas. Due to his love for baseball, he acquired Athletics 14 and considered one of the most successful and visible sports team owners in the country. When tuberculosis slowed him down, he devised a...
- THREE NAMES AND A BARREL OF MONEY. Ottum, Bob // Sports Illustrated;01/16/1967, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p52
The article features millionaire Jack Kent Cooke. Cooke owns several sports franchises such as the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association, the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League, and a part of the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. He is also the...
- Treating Fans Like Kings. Ballantini, Brett // Basketball Digest;Nov2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p24
Interviews basketball team owners Joe and Gavin Maloof on the purchase of the Sacramento Kings.
- All Change For NHL Owners. Stone, David // Hockey Digest;Nov2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p12
Reports on ownership changes at a number of National Hockey League teams during the summer of 2000.
- Lawyer drops briefs to become athletic supporter. // Business North Carolina;Mar2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p56
Profiles Art Donaldson, a lawyer and talks about how he became the principal owner of the East Coast Hockey League's Greensboro Generals in June 1999. Educational background of Donaldson; Career as lawyer; Investment in a minor-league sports team.
- Hornets relocation almost slam dunk. Bonura, Chris; Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/6/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p1
Reports business developments as of May 2002 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Relocation of a national basketball team in the city; Schedule of the National Basketball Association team owners to vote on the matter; Legislature passed on tax incentives aimed to encourage more television and movie...