- Should journalists help catch sources who commit crimes? Pierre Omidyar, Paul Carr, and Sarah Lacy debate (Guest Voice). // Moderate Voice;12/8/2013, p5
The article focuses on three journalists including Pierre Omidyar, Paul Carr, and Sarah Lacy debating on when and how to protect sources who broken the laws and conducting crimes.
- The e-Billionaire Nobody Knows. Sachs, Adam // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2000, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p232
Profiles Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of the Internet auction company eBay. Relocation to Paris, France; Omidyar as not the fitting the image of an Internet billionaire; Profitability of eBay; Description of items auctioned off on the eBay Web site; Personal net worth; Description of...
- eBay's software whiz lets others lead. // Executive Leadership;Mar2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the decision of Pierre Omidyar, founder of internet consumer-to-consumer corporation eBay Inc., to stop telling his managers what to do in which making them exercise more autonomy permits them to be more effective, adapted from the article "How I Did It" by Issie Lapowsky.
- The Next Way to Give. Richardson, John H. // Esquire;Nov2004, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p222
Profiles Pierre Omidyar, a philanthropist and the founder of eBay, an auction Web site. Career background of Omidyar; Personality of Omidyar; Reasons for the decision of Omidyar to give his money away to support charitable and social causes.
- Louvre's eGift. G. H. // Art Newspaper;Jul/Aug2011, Issue 226, p20
The article announces that Pierre Omidyar, founder of the eBay online auction web site, has donated $3 million to the Louvre museum in Paris, France for use on art projects and research related to education and Persian arts.
- How a New Generation of Business Leaders Views Philanthropy. Goldman, Paula // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;2/29/2016, p2
The article discusses philanthropic activities of business leaders such as the launch of an impact investment firm by online company eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, the focus of social media Website Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz on less popular causes, and the promotion of social impact...
- A Bracelet for Us. // Library Journal;3/1/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p15
This article discusses "Libraries matter" (www.librariesmatter.com), a local library awareness campaign. The campaign is sponsored by Alliance Library System, one of the nine regional systems in Illinois, based in East Peoria. Participating libraries could buy 50 bracelets for $80 and 100 for...
- EBay Tiitan ID'd As Resort Buyer; Freedom Update. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p3
Presents news on businesspeople in Orange County, California as of June 17, 2002. Rumor regarding billionaire Pierre Omidyar; Information on philantrophist Irvin C. Chapman; Facts on the visit of former U.S. President Bill Clinton to the Different Drummer Books shop in Laguna Beach, California.
- The Most Influential PEOPLE in Trade. // World Trade;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p32
Presents information on several influential people in business. Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay company; Klaus Zumwinkel, chairman of Deutsche Post company; Kim Dae Jung, president of South Korea.