- Garmin GNS 430. McClellan, J. Mac // Flying;Jul99, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p68
Focuses on the avionics equipment called Garmin 430. Features of the equipment; Capabilities; Comments from Garmin co-founder Gary Burrell.
- Garmin, Asus Sign Pact On Nuvifone Deal. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p8
The article announces plans by Garmin and AsusTek Computer to release a line of Nuvifone GPS/smartphones in 2009. The line, which will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain on February 16-19, 2009, will be called the Garmin-Asus Nuvifone series, and will focus on location...
- Garmin Guys Garner Glory. // GPS World;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p49
Presents the award of two global positioning system engineers Gary Burrell and Min Kao as one of the 400 richest people by Forbes magazine. Professional background of the engineers; Partnership shares of Barrel and Kao; Focus of the engineers on the business.
- PLAYER ROSTER. // Baseline;Nov2007, Issue 78, p36
The article profiles renowned information technology (IT) executives at Yahoo Inc. in the U.S. Jerry Yang is the chief executive officer (CEO) of Yahoo, an electrical engineering candidate at Stanford University and a cofounder of the company. Terry S. Semel, chairman of the company, he replaces...
- ONE STEP FORWARD TWO BACK. // Baseline;Nov2007, Issue 78, p37
The article presents a corporate profile of Yahoo Inc. in the U.S. The company was founded in 1994 by Jerry Yang and David Filo, both executives were in electrical engineering PhD program at Stanford University. It started as a Web directory and Yang came up with the concept of creating the...
- David Filo. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/3/97, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p11
Reports that David Filo, a Tulane University School of Engineering graduate and co-founder of Yahoo! Incorporated has donated $1 million to establish the Yahoo founder Chair in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science. Background information on Filo.
- David Filo. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;9/18/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 37, p18
Profiles the Chief Yahoo of Yahoo Corp., David Filo and his work history.
- product pipeline. Levine, Jenny // Library Journal;Spring2003 Net Connect, Vol. 128 Issue 7, p8
Discusses information technology and software. Wireless technologies which are a fast growing sector in the technology industry; Garmin iQue 3600 which is a handheld computer that has global positioning satellite technology; Backpacks that have speakers built in; Casio's WQV3D-8BNDL Watch which...
- Garmin G1000 Hits a Triple. // Flying;Dec2007, Vol. 134 Issue 12, p22
The article reports on the announcement made by three companies at the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Convention that the Garmin G1000 integrated avionics system with its flat glass displays, WAAS GPS navigation and digital autopilot would become standard.