The Top Ten
- Local residents among nation's wealthiest. Claunch, Aleshia // Fort Worth Business Press;10/3/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p1
Provides information on several residents of Fort Worth, Texas who were named the wealthiest people in the U.S., as of 2005 according to data compiled by "Forbes." William Henry Gates III; Warren Edward Buffett; Paul Gardner Allen. INSET: Forbes Wealthiest Americans.
- The billionaires' club. // Finweek;4/5/2007, p42
The article provides information on the high net worth individuals (HNWIs) in the world, including Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Carlos Slim Helu. In the 2006 Merrill Lynch/Capgemini "World Wealth Report," it says that ultra-HNIWs allocate a greater percentage of their assets to alternative...
- Billionaires asked to share the wealth. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;8/6/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 42, p6
The article presents information on the Giving Pledge, an initiative of billionaires Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. Buffett and Gates have urged billionaires to promise to give half of their wealth to charity. According to a report, Gates and Buffett have contacted only about 80 out of 937...
- THE RICHEST PEOPLE IN AMERICA: TOP 20. // Forbes Asia;Oct2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p66
The article lists the top richest people in the U.S. including Bill Gates, Chairman of Microsoft Corp., Warren Buffett, Chairman Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Michael Bloomberg, owner of Bloomberg LP.
- BILLIONAIRES ON A ROLL. // New York Times Upfront;2/11/2008, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p4
This article reports on an increase in the number of the world's billionaires and their total wealth between 2003 and 2007. According to the magazine "Forbes," there are 946 billionaires in 2007. The magazine claims that Microsoft founder Bill Gates tops the list as the world's richest man for...
- Bill and Warren ride the rails. Wechsler, Pat; Friedman, Roger D. // New York;5/29/95, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p12
Reports on Bill Gates and Warren Buffett's alleged affinity after being seen hanging out together. Reputation as two of the richest men in the world.
- MAD MONEY. // Luxury Travel Advisor;Apr2009, p49
The article reports on "Forbes" magazine's list of the richest people in the world in 2009. According to the magazine, people in the U.S. account for 44 percent of the money on the list and 45 percent of its slots. Microsoft founder Bill Gates regained his title as the world's richest man...
- Dream team. // BRW;05/26/97, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p134
Reports the richest people in the United States, as recorded in `Forbes' magazine. Computer pioneer Bill Gates and investor Warren Buffett topping the list; Other billionaires.
- OF GATES AND BUFFETT. Schimmoller, Brian K. // Power Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the utility industry in the United States. Common view to utility stocks; Significant investments made by Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway and Bill Gates of Microsoft Corp. in the utility industry; Finding of Spencer Stuart's survey of chief executive officers of investor-owned...