Osteen Series 40% of Warner Faith Biz; Backlist Poised to Expand
- Bloomsbury Profits Up; Banking On Potter With Scholastic. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in 2004. Increase in profits; Total revenue; Number of pre-orders for the book "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- HarperCollins Revenue, Profit Down in Q3; Year Still Solid So Far. // Book Publishing Report;5/15/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of book publisher HarperCollins for the third quarter of 2006. HarperCollins reported a decrease in revenue over the same period in 2005. Its operating profit also decreased by 13.3 percent. The company's revenue is slightly up for the first three...
- HC Posts Small Profit Increase. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 45, p7
Reports on the sales performance of publisher HarperCollins (HC) as of the first quarter that ended on September 30, 2003. Update on the sales at the Zondervan division of HC in the U.S.; Examples of best-selling books that were published by the Zondervan division; Sales and financial...
- M-H Education Has Soft 2003. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p7
Presents an overview of the 2003 year-end financial results of the McGraw-Hill Education group. Increase in total sales; Reasons for the sales decline in the school group; Factor which affected sales in the professional publishing market.
- Profits Marginally Better. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/5/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 35, p6
Reports the financial and operating performance of book publishers and booksellers in 2004. Operating margin posted by Audible during the year; Factors that influenced the decline in the industry's operating margins; Increase in the earnings before interest and taxes of Random House.
- UMBA Tightens Its Show. Zeller, Brad // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the annual Upper Midwest Booksellers Association trade show which was held in Saint Paul, Minnesota from September 27 to 29, 2002. Number of booksellers, publishers and authors who attended the trade show; Books that caught the interest of attendees.
- Publishing firm refines its focus. Agostinelli, Elizabeth A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the revitalization effort of Indianapolis-based Sams Technical Publishing by focusing on a new line of books centers on consumer-electronics and automotive technology. History of the publishing company; Action taken by the publishing company to both publish and redistribute other...
- A RETURNS-FREE WORLD. Maurer, Rolf // Quill & Quire;Mar1997, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the system of returning unsold books by booksellers to publishers in Canada. Problem with the system; Origin of the system of return; Impact of the non-returnable process on the publishers; Expensive nature of the current consignment system in bookselling; Benefits that the book...
- The battle of the knuckleheads. Bellafante, Ginia // Time;10/5/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 14, p72
Discusses the competition between the For Dummies series and the Idiot's Guide series of books as of September 1998. Number of titles for each; 1997 revenue; Top seller; Upcoming titles; When the Dummies series was launched; The differences in both series.