Audible Grows More Visible
- Cashing In. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/5/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 36, p4
The article focuses on the best quarterly report released by Barnes & Noble (B&N) in September 2011. It notes that its strong performance can be attributed to surging sales of digital content and stabilization of its print business. During the first period, the total revenue of B&N grew by 1.6%...
- Some Bottom-line Good News. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 34, p12
The article offers information on the financial performance of book retailers in the U.S. in 2007. Borders Group had a loss from continuing operations of $18.5 million, plus losses from discounted operations. Barnes & Noble recorded a 1% margin decline due in part to the implementation of its...
- Profits Marginally Better. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/5/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 35, p6
Reports the financial and operating performance of book publishers and booksellers in 2004. Operating margin posted by Audible during the year; Factors that influenced the decline in the industry's operating margins; Increase in the earnings before interest and taxes of Random House.
- E-Audio Is on the Horizon. Oder, Norman; Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;11/15/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p42
Discusses the possibility of downloadable audiobooks in libraries. Pilot programs which are in progress; Benefits of electronic audiobooks, including the elimination of storage problems; Partnership of Audible.com and Random House.
- Barnes & Noble Has Good First Quarter (Not That You'd Notice). // Book Publishing Report;Sep2010, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p2
The article presents an analysis of the sales performance of Barnes & Noble Inc. from the second quarter of 2006 to the first quarter of 2010. It states that the company's store sales decreased 2% to one billion dollars in the first quarter of 2010. It mentions the net loss of 24 million dollars...
- Results 2002/ Sales Up, Losses Down at Audible. // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the financial performance of Audible Inc. in 2002. Net loss posted by the firm; Increase in the company's total revenue; Cash and cash equivalents of Audible in 2002.
- Debt reduction drags Wynn Resorts to loss. Sieroty, Chris // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP13
The article reports on the financial performance of Wynn Resorts Ltd. for the third quarter that ended September 30, 2010, in which it posted a net loss of 33.5 million U.S. dollars despite higher revenues from its operations in Macau.
- Ultracapacitor Maker Maxwell Cuts Its Net Loss. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;8/8/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p25
The article reports on the financial performance of Maxwell Technologies Inc. in San Diego, California which showed a net loss of 2.6 million dollars for the second quarter of 2011.
- THE BOTTOM LINE. // SCTWeek;2/1/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of Regency Centers Corp. which covers its fourth-quarter funds from operations and net operating losses.