4.7% Output Cut in 2005 a Growth Move
- In The Bulletin Since Last Issue. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;7/29/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p24
Reports on various developments related to publishing technologies as of June 26, 2002. Announcement of scientific publishers of a project to create a comprehensive set of Unicode-compatible fonts for technical publishing; Catalog-management system introduced by Indian company Comdus Solutions;...
- A Case of Improving Content Flow--From Storage to Access. McClure, Marji // EContent;Apr2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p45
The article provides information on R. R. Bowker, an international standard book number (ISBN) agency for the U.S. The company receives data feeds from publishers, wholesalers, and distributors. Bowker handles a lot of information, from data being entered into its systems to data being requested...
- Output Upward. // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p5
Presents a chart of book title output in the U.S. during the period 1999-2003. Number of new titles published in 2003 according to R.R. Bowker; Number of titles released in 1999.
- Bowker: Titles Up 19% in 2003. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p7
Reports on an increase in total book output in the U.S. in 2003 according to statistics from R.R. Bowker. Number of new publishers that registered for International Standard Book Numbers; Reason for a decline in general fiction titles; Factors which contributed to an overall increase in book...
- Perlman named publisher of Bowker magazine group. // Library Journal;12/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 20, p26
Reports on the appointment of Neil A. Perlman as vice president and publisher of the magazine group of R.R. Bowker Co. in the U.S. Career history; Previous positions; Contributions to the publishing industry.
- Bowker, J. Whitaker & Sons Announce Worldwide English-Language Books In Print CD-ROM. // Information Today;Nov1992, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p30
The article reports that the first worldwide CD-ROM publications, based on the resources of two bibliographic publishers, have been announced by R.R. Bowker LLC and J. Whitaker & Sons Ltd. Both companies are producers of CD-ROM references in their respective marketplaces, providing librarians...
- 7000-plus new publishers start out every year--and counting. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;12/22/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 52, p14
Reports that the book publishing industry is growing at a rate of over 7000 new members a year, with a low attrition rate, according to the R. R. Bowker Co. Focus on small, specialized publishers; Tracking of new publishers by Bowker's ISBN Agency; How Bowker gives new presses exposure; Kinds...
- New deadline for LMP awards. // Publishers Weekly;11/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 47, p13
Tells that R.R. Bowker Co. has announced the November 15, 1996 deadline for seventh annual LMP Awards has been extended. When the awards will be made; Contact point for Bowker.
- LMP award deadlines. // Publishers Weekly;8/21/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 34, p16
Announces R.R. Bowker Co.'s search for entries for its 1996 LMP Awards. Deadline for entries; Contact information.