Denver Set to Lure United
- MAYOR of MAYORS. Schwab, Robert // ColoradoBiz;Sep2003, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the election of businessman John Hickenlooper as mayor of Denver, Colorado. Aim of the trip to California with governor Bill Owens; Role as a mayor of mayors for the state; Responsibilities assumed in the position.
- What, besides everything, do we want from a FIRST LADY? // Glamour;Feb2004, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p204
Relates experiences of the wife of mayor John Hickenlooper in Denver, Colorado. Role played in the campaign of her husband; Pride for the accomplishments of the mayor; Responsibilities as first lady of the city.
- On a Roll. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Nov2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p30
Profiles Denver, Colorado Mayor John Hickenlooper. Success of his campaign for the construction of a mass transit system; Job approval rating of Hickenlooper; Challenge being faced by his anti-homelessness program.
- United, New Denver Mayor Set to Renew Lease Negotiations. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31686, p32
Reports that officials from carrier United Airlines Inc. and Denver, Colorado Mayor John Hickenlooper are set to begin negotiations to firm up the carrier's lease at Denver International Airport. Type of expansion and renovation required by airport; Appointment of Vicki Braunagel and Turner...
- ELECTION 2010: JOHN HICKENLOOPER AIMS TO KEEP A DEMOCRAT IN THE GOVERNOR'S MANSION. Cote, Mike // ColoradoBiz;Aug2010, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p18
An interview with Denver, Colorado Mayor John Hickenlooper is presented. Hickenlooper says that his 20 years of entrepreneurial experience has helped him comply his responsibilities as Denver's mayor. He believes that Colorado needs to be rebranded so that it will be recognized as one of the...
- GOVERNOR. // ColoradoBiz;Oct2010, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p22
The article profiles John Hickenlooper, mayor of Denver and candidate for governor of Colorado. It mentions his stand on ballot Amendments 60 and 61 and Proposition 101 and his goal in creating consensus through involving business and community leaders from around Colorado for a stronger...
- The KA-CHING of culture. Beck, Cathie // ColoradoBiz;Jan2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the result of the 2008 Economic Activity Study of Denver Metro Culture conducted by the Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA). The study is designed to measure the economic impact of arts and culture across the city. Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper said that the...
- Lifestyles in transit. Lewis, Pete // ColoradoBiz;Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p22
The article highlights the growth of mixed-use developments in Colorado which were designed to accommodate mass transportation and urban renaissance. Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper has announced his proposal for the FasTracks initiative in 2004, envisioning the region transformed into a network...
- Is John Hickenlooper's Brand Self-Destructing? Caplan-Bricker, Nora // National Journal;10/4/2014, p1
The article discusses the destruction of political image of Colorado's Governor John Hickenlooper following a controversial legislative bill on gun-control signed by him in 2014. Topics discussed include Hickenlooper's encounter with the state's sheriffs regarding the legislation at a conference...