In New Mexico, Trial of Ex-Treasurer Vigil Winds Down, With Most Charges Intact
- Vigil Charges Grow. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p35
Reports on the addition of conspiracy and money laundering charges to the 21 counts of extortion in the indictment of former New Mexico Treasurer Robert Vigil. Involvement of Vigil's predecessor Michael Montoya in the charges; Focus of the new charges on the campaign of Vigil in 2002; Incidents...
- Vigil Wants New Venue. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32445, p31
The article reports on the request of lawyer Sam Bregman for a new location of the corruption trial of the federal case filed against treasurer Robert Vigil in New Mexico. Bregman commented in a motion filed that his client case has become an issue in the congressional competition between...
- Courthouse Records. // East Bernard Express (TX);6/27/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 26, p9
The article offers information on indictments in cases related to money laundering and drunk driving charges which were heard by the Wharton County Grand Jury in Texas in May 2013.
- N.M. Treasurer Working Out Pre-Impeachment Hiatus. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/25/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32245, p4
Reports on the efforts of Sam Bregman, attorney for indicted New Mexico Treasurer Robert Vigil to work on a deal that will remove Vigil from office before he faces the first impeachment in the state's history. Overview of Bregman's plan; Facts of the case; Statement of Bregman on the chances of...
- Vigil Trial Scheduled. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p29
The article reports on the schedule of the federal extortion trial of former New Mexico Treasurer Robert Vigil will start on April 17, 2006. Vigil who was charged of extortion, money laundering, and conspiracy will be tried at an Albuquerque court in front of potential jurors from across the...
- Manager charged in insurance scheme. McNully, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the indictment of insurance claims manager John Deokaran on money laundering charges in New Orleans, Louisiana. Allegations by the state Attorney General; Involvement of the legal department of Allstate Insurance; Modus operandi of Deokaran.
- LEGAL BRIEFS. Harris, Linda // State Journal (WV);6/24/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p21
The article offers updates related to the legal sector in West Virginia including the indictment of New York residents Taowei Yu and Simon Lee for using counterfeit credit cards, and the indictment of Sergeant 1st Class Richad Evick for bribery and money laundering charges
- Bodog seized. // Casino International;Apr2012, p44
The article reports on the indictment of Bodog founder Calvin Ayre for conducting money laundering and gambling business in the U.S.
- Former President of National Charity Charged in $4 Million Fraud and Money Laundering Scheme. // BSA/AML Update;11/1/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the indictment of former National Relief Charities president Brian J. Brown in allegations that he defrauded the charity of $4 million and conspired to commit money laundering violations with the proceeds of the scheme.