San Jose Agency Seeks to Sell $110M for Parks, Libraries
- TEXAS: El Paso Interest Cap Lifted. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/6/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33957, p9
The article informs that with market growth the city council of El Paso in Texas has raised the interest rate of the municipal bonds issued to build a ballpark in the region.
- TEXAS: El Paso Sets $468M GO Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/29/2012, p7
The article reports on the approval of the City Council of El Paso, Texas to a revised project list to be funded with proceeds from a proposed general obligation (GO) bond package worth 468 million U.S. dollars.
- ARIZONA: The Bond Review Returns. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/10/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33744, p9
The article offers information on the voting of the City Council of Scottsdale, Arizona for the reestablishment of citizens bond review panel in order to study proposals to be included in 2013 referendum and informs that the city's general obligation bonds are rated triple-A across the board.
- East Baton Rouge Eves $749M Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/14/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33549, p1
The article reports on the schedule of the votation on the proposed 748 million dollar capital improvement plan in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
- Lehi City takes action to preserve open space. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/8/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the revision of the city development plan by the Lehi City Council.
- Town halls key to urban renaissance. Harding, David // Public Finance;11/14/2000, p7
Focuses on the role of city councils in transforming city centers in Great Britain. Authority to use extra business rate funds in the fight against urban deprivation; Details of the other initiatives of the British government; Creation of a center of excellence.
- Building on wisdom. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;1/13/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 10, pA1
The article offers the author's insights regarding the need for the city council of Detroit, Michigan to explore the kinds of values and ideas for the development of the city.
- Pittsburgh councilman seeks to scuttle bond-backed fund. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30797, p3
Focuses on the decision of the Pittsburgh City Council in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to delay its deliberation on a loan fund financed by taxable bonds, established to improve the economy. Debate on the council's proposed budget; Advantage of eliminating the loan program.
- KENTUCKY: Louisville Eyes Library Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32830, p9
The article reports that Louisiana officials has considered a law that could lead to $80 million bonds deal for the expansion of Louisville Free Library system in Kentucky. The work group of the Louisville Metro Council states that $100 million is needed for the project. According to Jim King,...