No Ruling This Week on Indiana Toll Road Suit, Judge Says
- Indiana Awaits Ruling in Challenge to Toll Road Concession. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32383, p3
The article reports that the state of Indiana is awaiting a ruling by Saint Joseph County Superior Court Judge Michael Scopelitis on whether the state agency that plans to lease the Indiana Toll Road must use the proceeds to pay down the state debt. Key arguments include the question of whether...
- North Carolina Wins Ruling on Monroe Toll Road. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34377, p1
The North Carolina Department of Transportation won a federal court ruling Friday allowing the state to continue work on the $840 million, 20-mile Monroe Connector Expressway.
- Illiana Project Suffers Fresh Blow as Feds Drop Appeal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34383, p1
The Federal Highway Administration filed a motion Tuesday dropping its appeal of an adverse lower court ruling that the government illegally approved the controversial $1.5 billion Illiana toll road project.
- Fitch Analyst Calls for More Realistic Toll-Road Forecasts. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p5
Reports on the call for a more realistic toll-road revenue and traffic forecasts in the U.S. Contents of a report released by Fitch Ratings.
- Harris County, Tex., Looks at Options for Toll Road System. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p3
The article reports on investment banks' investigation of options for Harris County Toll Road Authority in Texas to make the road system more profitable including privatization and long-term lease. Financial adviser First Southwest Co. will coordinate the efforts of banks assigned to the studies...
- A change in the policy climate? Current European perspectives on road pricing. Grieco, Margaret; Jones, Peter M. // Urban Studies (Routledge);Nov94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1517
Examines the changes in attitudes towards road pricing in the European Community across the range of members states and their geographical neighbors. Mobility of European road-pricing projects; Interaction of political and technical pressures; Policy impulses behind electronic road pricing;...
- Bumpy Road. Bloom, Roger // Orange County Business Journal;12/03/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p5
Reports on the success of the debt restructuring of the California Transportation Co. in Los Angeles, California. Controversy over the tolls of the 91 Express Lanes; Reaction of commuters to the announcement of the tolls.
- Arkansas toll plan advances. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Apr99, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on plans for the development of toll booths on Interstates by the Highway Commission in Arkansas. Opposition of the Arkansas Motor Carrier Association (AMCA) on the proposal; Toll charges and provisions; AMCA proposals as an alternative for the tolling project.
- FIRMS WIN BID TO EXTEND HIGHWAY. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/24/1999, Vol. 242 Issue 20, p30
Reports the construction of an extension to the electronic toll highway in Toronto, Ontario. Responsibility of a Canadian-Spanish consortium to design and operate the extensions; List of members financing the extension; Features of the highway.