MSRB Issues Interpretive Letter on Advertising for 529 Plans
- MSRB Proposals Focus on MA Ads, Record Keeping. QUIGLEY, JOAN // Bond Buyer;8/11/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33564, p4
The article reports on the proposal by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to ban false and misleading advertising by municipal advisor and require them to make written records of their advisory engagements.
- MSRB Backs Off New Suitability Standard for 529s. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has strengthened and clarified the disclosure, suitability and other customer-protection standards that should be met by broker-dealers when selling 529 college savings plans. The latest standards are contained in the...
- MSRB Files Rule to Start a 529 College Savings Plan Database. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;6/11/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33926, p4
The article informs that the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has filed a "Rule G-45" in collaboration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to create a database for Section 529 college savings plans associated with higher education expenses.
- MSRB Set to Host Two Regional Compliance Seminars Next Year. Akerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/3/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32765, p5
The article reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) will host two regional compliance seminars in the U.S. in May 2008. The seminars will focus on rules for tax-advantaged college savings plans. It aims to encourage adults to save for future college expenses of a child or...
- MSRB Files Advertising, Supervision Amendments Applying to 529 Plans. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/22/2006, Vol. 352 Issue 32514, p4
The article reports on the amendments filed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to its advertising and supervision rules on November 2006 in the U.S. The proposed amendments would apply to tax-advantaged college savings plans that states have established under Section 529 of the...
- SEC Approves MSRB Rule Change on 529 Plan Advertising. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;5/31/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32143, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has approved amendments to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-21 on advertising establishing specific requirements for dealers that market and advertise municipal fund securities in connection with so-called...
- MSRB's Fee Proposal Unfair, Broker-Dealers Say. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33575, p2
The article reports on the statement of the broker-dealers regarding the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) fee proposal in the U.S.
- MSRB Revises Its Draft Rule on College Savings Plan. HEMMERDINGER, JONATHAN // Bond Buyer;11/28/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33820, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has revised its draft rule that would create a new rule G-45 for underwriters.
- MSRB to Start Muni FA Registration, Rulemaking on Oct. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33384, p5
The article reports on the notice issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board regarding the start of registration and rulemaking activities in the U.S.