Calif. Eyes Pledge for Unenhanced '03 Tobacco Bond Refinancing
- Yields Fall 3 to 4 Basis Points; $2.6B Tobacco Offering Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports on the trading of tobacco settlement asset-backed bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization in Corp. in California. Flexibility of the exchange rates; Escalation of treasury bonds; Enthusiasm of the traders for rate swap.
- States Seeking Extra Ingredient To Sweeten Tobacco Bond Blends. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p1
Focuses on the sale of bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. Percentage yield on the bonds that were higher than similarly rated bonds; Mutual funds that have been the dominant buyers of tobacco bonds; Multi-billion dollar tobacco bonds issued in 2002.
- Municipals Gain as Treasuries Rally; California Tobacco Hits Secondary. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p2
Reports on the business strategies of bond markets in California on January 17, 2003. Increase in rates of municipal bonds by the sale of tobacco bonds; Reasons for increase in trade gap; Increment in the bond assets of Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.
- California to Kick Off Big Tobacco Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p1
Reports on the planned sale of enhanced tobacco settlement asset-backed bonds of Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. in California. Sale of Series 2003A tobacco bonds; Use of the bond proceeds for debt services; Securitization of the remaining payments owed by tobacco companies to the state.
- California Ready to Vote on $15 Billion Deal; Raters Stand By. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p3
Reports that California voters will decide the fate of a proposed multibillion bond deal in an election that is being closely watched by rating analysts, since the outcome will have dramatic implications for the state's deficit-ridden budget. Opponents of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's...
- Sizing Up California's New Derivatives Market. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved a bill that legalize the use of derivatives and hedges on California general obligation bonds. The move opens door to the realm of public finance business in California. According to some officials, growth in the...
- Schwarzenegger's $15 Billion Bailout Bond Faces Opposition. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p1
Reports on the progress of the general obligation bond proposal of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for deficit financing in San Francisco, California. Estimates on the value of the bond; Implications of the proposal for the state constitution; Plan of the administration for a long-term financing...
- California Planning $12B. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32231, p1
Reports on the planned issuance of general obligation bonds in California. Benefits of the issuance to the state's annual debt service cost; Statement of state treasurer Phil Angelides on the impact of the deficit borrowing on the ability of the state to sell bonds; Criticisms over the...
- Far West. Cohen, Jackie; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32322, p28
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds issued in the Far West in 2005. Issuers of the region has sold about 81.1 billion dollar in debt. Refunding serves as the biggest deal wherein the top spot went to a 3.1 billion dollar offering from the Golden State Tobacco...