Lauren Mack Joins Sonnenschein Nath's Team in San Francisco
- Independent contractor versus employee. Josephs, Stuart R. // Outlook;Winter92, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on the taxation of independent contractors (IC) in the United States. Benefits of IC; Comparison with statutory employees.
- Independent-contractor rules get friendlier. Weaver, Peter // Nation's Business;Dec96, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p51
Discusses changes in tax laws regarding the use of independent-contractors by small businesses to go into effect in January 1997. The reforms as a result of the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) reclassification of independent contractors; Concerns raised by this at the 1995 White House...
- Independent contracting made simple. // PHC Profit Report;11/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p7
Features the House bill entitled Independent Contractor Tax Simplification Act, designed to simplify the definition of independent contractors. Opposition to the bill.
- IRS says contractors need reclassification. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Sep95, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the statement by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that independent contractors should be reclassified as employees for taxation purposes. Reason for the reclassification.
- Employee--or independent contractor? Friedland, Robin // Finance Week;02/25/2000, p75
Reports that South Africa's Revenue agency has issued a document on the concept of `labour broker,' with emphasis on the common law dominant impression test of whether work is done on an independent basis or not. Taxation of independent contractors and employees; Factor which points to...
- Bill aims to clarify independent contractor status. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/7/95, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the Independent Contractor Tax Simplification Act of 1995, introduced in Congress by Representative Jon Christensen. Act as an attempt to solve the problem of clarifying whether workers are or are not employees; Proposal of using three test factors that would be an alternative to the...
- Taxes or tea leaves? The rules for hiring an icon. Clark, Scott // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/18/99, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p34A
Explores business tax issues related to the use of independent contractor services in the United States. Types of work performed by independent contractors; Key considerations in making written agreements with independent contractors.
- An unresolved saga: Employee vs. independent workers. Battersby, Mark E. // Urology Times;Apr2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on the preference to deal with independent contractors to reduce tax liability in the U.S. Evaluation on the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 to determine employment tax; Requirement for employees to pay the withholding of income tax through salary deductions; Factors to classify workers...
- Maintaining your independence. // Overdrive;Feb94, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p95
Discusses the management of owner-operator businesses in the trucking industry. Definition of independent contractor status; Taxation rules by the Internal Revenue Service; Description of Form SS-8; Avoidance of classification as employee.