Philadelphia Fed April Index Rises to 13.2
- BBVA Watch. // Caribbean Business;5/10/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p15
The article offers news briefs related to the economy in the U.S. and in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico's increased purchasing managers index (PMI) indicates an expanding manufacturing activity instead of shrinking. State governments in the U.S. are cutting back on investment due to slow growth in the...
- Footwear Prices Fall in May. Ellis, Kristi // FN: Footwear News;6/21/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 24, p17
Presents information on the retail prices of footwear in 2004 according to the U.S. Labor Department's Consumer Price Index. Information on the prices of footwear for men and women; Expectations on interest-rate hike by the Federal Reserve; Information on the overall prices for all retail goods.
- US inflation fears. // BRW;5/25/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p81
The article focuses on the fears that the U.S. Federal Reserve Board will raise interest rates again after consumer price index data for April shows that inflation has exceeded the two-percent target.
- Inflation Risks Are Real For Many. Ferguson, Joy // High Yield Report;7/26/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on the reaction of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board with the slow growth of consumer prices according to recent economic data. Impact of the consumer prices with interest rates; Risk for increase in inflation; Concerns on the price of oil.
- THE NUMBERS. O'Rourke, Shelly // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Dec2007, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p10
The article presents news briefs related to the economic indicators in the U.S. The Conference Board's consumer confidence index has dropped to 95.6, while its six-month measurement of consumer expectations for 2008 declined to 80.1 from 85.0. Industrial output dropped 0.5% at factories,...
- Bernanke Warns PCE Jump Could Be Sign of Inflation. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/19/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32674, p2
The article reports on the warning of U.S. Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben S. Bernanke concerning the quick raise in a key economic indicator, which he believes could be an indication of high inflation. He likewise shows his concern about the steep declines in the subprime housing market....
- Bumpy approach. Goodburn, Matt // Money Marketing;11/9/2006, p30
The article focuses on the general consensus that the U.S. economy is heading for a slowdown, but with divided opinions on how severe it will be. Statistics and house price index of the U.S. manufacturing industry show that there is a sharp downturn. Nevertheless, most experts agree that Federal...
- Consumer Price Index Makes First Yearly Decline In Five Years. ANDREA RIQUIER // Investors Business Daily;2/26/2015, p00
The article reports on the decline of the consumer price index (CPI) since the 2008 Global Financial Crisis. Topics discussed include the straight monthly decline of CPI, the posible financial rebound due to increase in the price of gasoline, and the December 2014 CPI output, which is below the...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33065, p2
The article offers news briefs related to business in New York in January 2009. The Bureau of Labor Statistics declared that the U.S. import price index was down 1.1%. Federal Reserve Board noted that the state's industrial production was 1.8% down while its capacity utilization fell to 72.0....