Louisiana OKs $357M In G0 Zones
- Louisiana Bond Commission OKs Deals for Tulane, Ochsner Clinic. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32588, p3
The article reports on the approval of bond issuance for Tulane University and Ochsner Clinic Foundation by the Louisiana State Bond Commission. Tulane will be releasing $50 million Gulf Opportunity advance refunding bonds. On the other hand, Ochsner will use the proceeds in financing the...
- Louisiana OKs $357M In GO Zones. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32364, p1
The article reports on the preliminary and final approval issued by the Louisiana State Bond Commission on the requests from applicants wishing to use some of the 7.9 billion dollars of private-activity bonds that the state has at its disposal as a result of the federal Gulf Opportunity Zone...
- Trends in the Region: Michigan Legislation May Raise the Price Tag for Issuance. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p41
Reports on the consideration of legislation to broaden voters' rights to seek referendums on limited-tax obligation bonds in the House of Representatives in Michigan. Provisions of the legislation; Impact of the legislation on bond funds; Possible approval of the bill.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p29
Presents statistics related to the bond market in the United States. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Prices of securities; Municipal market data general obligation yields.
- Texas School's $100M Comes With a Twist: Private Insurance. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p30
The article reports that the Spring Independent School District near Houston, Texas will go to market with a competitive offering of $100 million of fixed-rate general obligation bonds. It informs that the bonds will be sold in via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding platform at 4 p.m. Central...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p31
The article presents data related to bonds issued by states. The states are: Arizona Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah. The data presented is of January 3, and 10 of 2005.
- Balance risk through knowledge: Tyndall. Rich, Sara // Money Management;11/23/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p12
The article focuses on the risks associated with investing in non-government bonds in Australia. According to a newly released Tyndall research, non-government bonds outstanding have increased more than ten-fold in the past 10 years, and with the ongoing growth of funds from superannuation the...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p31
The article presents statistical data on bond issue supply by the states in the United States. On September 16, 2004, bond issue supply along with their amount for Hawaii, Montana, Idaho were both zero. The highest amount for five issues is for California. The amount of bond issues in Oregon on...
- Liability premiums send physicians marching. // Medical Economics;6/6/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the protest of the doctors against the professional liability insurance in the U.S. Efforts to delay the tort reform bill; Impact of the bill on medical practice; Refusal of physicians to see patients.