New Isda Documentation Boosts Recovery Swaps
- Novation Innovation. // Securities Industry News;2/6/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
The article announces that the International Swaps & Derivatives Association (ISDA) has launched novation protocol (NPII), which takes the battle against back-office backlogs in credit default swaps up a notch. ISDA Executive Director and CEO Robert Pickel expressed satisfaction over the success...
- New ISDA Documentation Boosts Recovery Swaps. Lewis, Janet // High Yield Report;5/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p2
The article reports on the new issuance of a new template for documenting recovery swaps or recovery-lock credit default swaps by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association in the U.S. A simpler structure for the instruments, which have seen an upsurge in trading considering that...
- A Change to Cash for Credit Default Swaps. Lewis, Janet // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/23/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the migration of the credit derivatives market towards cash settlement of all credit default swaps. The International Swaps and Derivatives Association is planning a conference call for all interested parties on January 30, 2006. In this conference, discussion regarding...
- Association publishes form for swaps deals. // American Banker;6/10/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 111, p26
Reports on the International Swaps and Derivatives Association's publication of a form for documenting bilateral mark-to-market credit support arrangements in customized swaps and other derivative actions in the state of New York.
- Do rate hikes throw cold water on swaps market? Apparently not. Tomasula, Dean // American Banker;2/9/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 27, p24
Highlights the semiannual survey by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association. Use of interest rate swaps, currency swaps and related derivatives; Notional principal amount of the contracts; American dollar-denominated transactions; Credit risk for portfolios of privately negotiated...
- Derivatives exposure limited, survey shows. // American Banker;8/5/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 150, p16
Reports on a survey of derivatives by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association. Replacement value of swaps for 1993; Limited derivatives exposure.
- Swap transactions grow by 38%: ISDA. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30611, p5
Reports on the growth of swap transactions in the second half of 1998 according to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association. Reduction in risk-taking positions.
- Master artfulness. Knox, Henry // Lawyer;3/7/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p31
The article discusses issues on the master agreement of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA). In Great Britain, it notes the case of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) in which the judge declared that the firm's counterparties were entitled to resist in making payments...
- Swaps group forms a disclosure panel. // American Banker;8/22/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 161, p18
Reports on the International Swaps and Derivatives Association's formation of a new committee to develop disclosure guidelines for financial instruments used in concert with derivatives. Improvement of banks' disclosure of derivatives and financial instruments.