Is High Yield Nearing A Turning Point?
- High yield report. // High Yield Report;02/23/98, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p4
Presents statistical information on high yield reports which was compiled by Merrill Lynch company during 1998.
- Swaps Make Mortgages. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31402, p1
Reports the interests rates swaps of California Housing Finance Agency with Merrill Lynch & Co. in taxable and tax-exempt single-family amortized mortgage revenue bonds. Amount of the synthetic fixed-rates in bonds; Statement of Ken Carlson director of financing at the California HFA;...
- New Merrill fund's other agenda: abet its European effort. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/14/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p9
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co.'s offering of a global mezzanine fund intended to provide support to issuers in the junk bond market. Allocation of $1.1 billion for the fund; Expansion of bond market presence in Europe; Rise of similar funds among European rivals of Merrill Lynch.
- Merrill Focuses on Lev. Finance in Europe. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p1
Assesses Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s role in the European high yield market. Resignation of Marisa Drew, Merrill Lynch's managing director of European leveraged finance; Changes in the company's priority; Elimination of its workforce; Justification regarding the firm's limited activity in the...
- JUNK: NO PLACE FOR SECOND TIER. O'Leary, Christopher; Appin, Richard; Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/11/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 43, p8
Discusses the downfall of high yield bond operations in the U.S. as of 2002. Retrenchment of junk-bond officials by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and CIBC World Markets Inc.; Possible closure of Grantchester group by Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein; Reasons for the layoff of junk-bond strategist...
- When There's No Bond Deal to Sell, Brush Up Your Resume. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the performance of Merrill Lynch & Co. in the corporate bond market in London, England. Plan to expand beyond basic junk bond sales and trading; Companies participating in the race for junk dominance; Functions of Merrill officials such as Keith Alexander, managing director;...
- Broadening the Rally in High Yield. Conrad, Lee // Bank Loan Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p4
Examines the high yield junk bonds market in the United States (U.S.) as of February 2001. Statistics of Merrill Lynch on the returns of lower-rated bond issues in 2000 and 2001; Several B3-rated bond offerings sold as of February 5, 2001; Reason for the frenzied activity in the U.S. high yield...
- Junk Market Poised to Pull Out of Slump. Burns, Martin // Bank Loan Report;2/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the forecasted improvement in the performance of the junk bonds market in the U.S. in 2003. Increase in the U.S. high yield distress ratio of Merrill Lynch & Co. as of February 14, 2003; Decline in the global default rate.
- Healthcare Breaks Its Junk Drought. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/4/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 42, p13
Reports that Atlanta, Georgia-based healthcare company NDCHealth Corp. is planning to issue a junk bond by raising 175 million dollars in an offering jointly led by Merrill Lynch and Co. and Credit Suis First Boston. Terms of the bond deal; Areas of business operated by NDC; Proceeds from...