Bank Start-ups May Hit Four-Year High in '06
- Pressure is upping ante for smaller banks. NOBILE, JEREMY // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/23/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p0012
The article reports on the proliferation of sales by community banks across the U.S., driven by a fiscal squeeze and faster growth of non-interest expenses than revenues. It highlights the merger activity of smaller and midsize community banks in Ohio, based on data from financial information...
- High number of community banks remain undercapitalized, data show. SIEROTY, CHRIS // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/5/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p17
The article reports on the second-quarter 2011 regulatory data compiled by SNL Financial which showed that the number of undercapitalized community banks, which include Bank of Las Vegas and First Security Bank of Nevada, remain high despite the continued active pace of bank closures.
- Life Grows Tougher for Traditional Community Banks as Online Banking Expands. // ABA Bank Marketing & Sales;May2014, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p3
The article briefly discusses a report from financial-data provider SNL Financial that said community banks are at risk of losing retail customers to online banks if they don't adapt their costs structures and make greater use of technology, with commentary also presented about the outlook for...
- M&A Deal Value Down, Volume Mixed Across Financial Services Industry, Says SNL Financial. // Insurance Advocate;10/25/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 35, p24
This article reports that mergers and acquisitions deal values decreased across the financial services sector in the second quarter, while volume was mixed, with bank and specialty finance deals up but insurance and specialty finance deal volume on the decline, according to SNL Financial LC....
- A Diminished Banking System Is Bad for Americans. Abernathy, Wayne A. // Americanbanker.com;2/02/2015, p1
Community banks are disappearing and big banks' global power is on the wane. Regulators should take steps to reverse these trends so that all Americans have access to the financial services they need, according to the American Bankers Association's Wayne Abernathy.
- Community Banks Are Left Holding The Tarp Bag. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;10/7/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 155, p1
The article discusses the impact of the U.S. Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) on community banks. Figures compiled by consultant SNL Financial indicate community banks that did not accept TARP funds are performing better than those that did. A weak economic recovery in the U.S. has not made...
- The Customer Relationship Index. Avent, Jean Creech; Eyun-Jung Ki // Public Relations Strategist;Fall2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the importance of generating awareness to build customer relationships for business transactions in the U.S. It states state that awareness and customer relationships are the foundations of the public relations (PR) profession. It highlights the study conducted by SNL...
- Why Midwest Banks Should Be Nervous Despite Good Run. Stewart, Jackie // American Banker;3/25/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 45, p9
The article discusses the banking industry in the Middle West as of March 25, 2013 with a focus on community banks. The numbers of top performing community banks in North Dakota, Iowa, Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Texas, according to SNL Financial company's ranking of community banks, are noted. The...
- ANALYST FORUM. // Bank Director;2014 1st Quarter, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p12
An industry report of the U.S. banking industry as of 2013 is presented from banking company SNL Financial and publisher Bank Director, with topics including market intelligence, bank profitability for the 3rd quarter, and branch closures across the U.S.