50 YEARS LEARNED BEHAVIOR
- Get real! Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p20
The article presents the author's view regarding the 1403 Standard on Live Fire Training Evolution of the National Fire Protection Association. Topics discussed include a brief description of the 1403 Standard, an overview of the study conducted by the Underwriters Laboratories Firefighter...
- National Fire Codes: Request for Public Input for Revision of Codes and Standards. May, Willie E. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/8/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 111, p34020
The article presents information on notice issued by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology of the U.S. Department of Commerce on behalf of the National Fire Protection Association for its proposal to revise its fire safety codes and standards. The notice has been issued to...
- Codes Vs. Standards. Proffitt, Todd // Stage Directions;Aug2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p25
The article explores the difference between codes and standards in theaters. It notes that a standard is a set of common practices approved by an organization, while a code is a rule of law established by governing body. It also mentions the role of the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational...
- NFPA introduces Safety Sense Curriculum. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the introduction of the Safety Sense Curriculum, a fire injury prevention program for children by the National Fire Protection Association. Collaboration with Lowe's Home Safety Council in developing the program; Test schedule for first curriculum modules; Contact information.
- It's Fire Prevention Week! // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;10/3/2003, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p7
Highlights the annual celebration of the Fire Prevention Week in the U.S. Inclusive dates of the celebration; Theme for the 2003 fire prevention celebration; National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) continued service in teaching people how to prevent fires and protect themselves all year...
- CRACKING THE CODE. Green, Ken // Automotive Body Repair News;Dec2001, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p67
Focuses on the application of National Fire Protection Association codes (NFPA 33) on spray booths in the United States. Scope of the NFPA 33; Skepticism of the people on government sponsored rules; Classes and divisions of fires.
- Deadline to Submit Public Input to NFPA is Approaching. // ACCA Insider;4/5/2012, p7
The article offers information on various documents on codes and standards of the U.S. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) for which public input for recommendations can be submitted on or before June 22, 2012.
- UPDATED NFPA APPARATUS STANDARD: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p71
Discusses U.S. National Fire Protection Association, Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus. Application of standard to all fire apparatus; Approval of the standard; Voting members of the committee.
- No longer in harmony. CARTER, GLEN // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Aug2013, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p48
The article lists the classification of flammable and combustible liquids under National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code adopted by the U.S.