- Use of Brookdale respiratory protective escape devices suspended. // Fire Engineering;Jun2006, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p56
The article reports that the manufacturer of respiratory protective escape devices, Brookdale International Systems Inc. voluntarily recalls its products after issuing a suspend-use on March 2006. EVAC-U8â„¢, EVAC+â„¢ and some 290,000 units were recalled by the company. According to the...
- Industrial Scientific Announces Recall of GasBadge Plus Single-Gas Monitors. Smith, Sandy // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;1/31/2012, p10
The article announces that Industrial Scientific is issuing a recall of all current GasBadge Plus instrument.
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;May2005, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p139
This article presents news developments related to fire fighting in the U.S., as of May 1, 2005. Pierce Manufacturing Inc. received an order from the Connecticut Department of Homeland Security for 34 Contender walkin rescue trucks, valued at approximately $4.8 million. In another development,...
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Jan2006, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p228
This article presents information on the activities of fire service companies and associations in the U.S. Pierce Manufacturing Inc. and its dealers provided fire trucks, food, and other emergency supplies to the needy in the aftermath of the two hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Ferrara Fire...
- Industrial Scientific Announces Product Recall of GasBadge Plus Single-Gas Monitors. // Asian Environmental Technology;2012 Annual Buyers' Guide, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the move of the gas detector manufacturer Industrial Scientific Corp. to recall its GasBadge Plus Single-Gas Monitors.
- COMPANY NEWS. // Fire Chief;Oct2008, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p12
The article offers news briefs related to the fire prevention equipment industry in the U.S. Fire-Dex Inc. has acquired Chieftain Safety Manufacturing. Meanwhile, Pierce Manufacturing Inc. has received an International Association of Fire Chefs' President's Recognition Award. Elbeco Inc. has...
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;May2005, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p86
Cites various equipment for fire prevention and suppression. Components of the vehicle stabilization kit from Airshore International; Design of the Prism Emergency Inflatable Light from DQE Inc.; Features of the M40 multi-gas monitor from Industrial Scientific Corp.
- Pierce Recalls Pitman Arms. // Fire Chief;Nov2007, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the move of Pierce Manufacturing Inc. to recall Pierce custom chassis with independent front suspension for the model years 2001-2007 in the U.S. The company explains that the pitman arms installed on the suspension system manufactured from December 20, 2001-December 31,...
- Expand the industry before the outsiders move in. Smith, Ed // Contractor Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the rapidly expanding market of the fire sprinkler industry in the United States. Shortage of fitters, designers and managers; Non-union contractors' expansion; Efforts in promoting participation in the sprinkler field.