Organizations Urge Support of Paulison
- JARGON WATCH. // Washington Monthly;Oct/Nov2005, Vol. 37 Issue 10/11, p7
Focuses on the compliment received by Michael Brown, head of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency, from President George W. Bush. Politicians and personalities who received the same praise.
- Hurricane Katrina: Tenacity and tragedy -- What did we learn? Arinde, Nayaba // New York Amsterdam News;12/29/2005, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the lessons learnt by New Yorkers from the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina, that ravaged the U.S. Gulf Coast. From pampers to electronics, New York City dug deep, sending money and essentials, invigorated partially by government ineptitude, which meant that five...
- Turnover Trouble. Shoop, Tom // Government Executive;May2006, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p74
The article provides information related to the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. In late March 2006, as calls mounted on Capitol Hill for a White House shake-up, President Bush's chief of staff, Andrew Card, stepped up announcing that he would leave his post to make way for...
- A million reasons to stay married. // Advocate;9/30/2003, Issue 899, p20
United States President George W. Bush may be dead set against equal rights for same sex couples but CBS just gave the cause a $1 million boost. The network crowned same-sex self-described "married" couple Reichen Lehmkul and Chip Arndt winners of the latest naming of the reality contest. The...
- Homeownership Is Key. Bush, George // National Mortgage News;5/23/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Presents an excerpt of U.S. president George W. Bush's speech before the National Association of Realtors in Washington, D.C. emphasizing on homeownership.
- Feminists Protest War with Iraq. // NWSA Journal;Summer2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p99
The National Women's Studies Association (NWSA) has joined hundreds of thousands of Americans in an unprecedented historic grassroots movement by sending a message to U.S. President George W. Bush and other elected officials urging the U.S. government to refrain from using military force against...
- Remarks Following a Briefing at the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/8/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 35, p1168
The article presents the text of remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush on August 31, 2008 following a briefing at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) headquarters to prepare for Hurricane Gustav.
- Who's in Charge? Dionne Jr., E. J. // Commonweal;4/7/2006, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p6
The article reflects on the leadership of U.S. President George W. Bush which was questioned during his March 21, 2006 news conference. Bush insisted that he was asking U.S. Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff about his plans regarding the 10,777 mobile homes ordered by the U.S. Federal...
- Memorandum on Designation of Officers of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/13/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p779
Presents the text of a memorandum given by U.S. President George W. Bush on the designation of officers of the Federal Emergency Management Agency on May 19, 2002. Order of succession; Exceptions to the memorandum.