Record School Request
- VIRGINIA: Fairfax to Vote on $365M. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32727, p9
The article reports on the approval of the Fairfax County School Board's request to ask voters to approve $365 million of bonds for school renovation and construction by the Board of Supervisors. Voter authorization would offer about $200 million for the construction of two elementary schools...
- Building a Lasting Bond. Cook, Glenn // American School Board Journal;Oct2012, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses topics in the issue, such as voter support for school construction bonds, school board public relations, and the handbook "Telling Your Story: A Communications Guide for School Boards."
- Washington School Board Approves Bond Election. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/2/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33989, p1
The article reports that Mercer Island School Board of Mercer Island, Washington has approved a 98.8 million dollars bond measure during a meeting on September 26, 2013 and the bond election to be held on February 11, 2014. According to board's president Janet Frohnmayer, bond will help in...
- What Would You Do If ... Your community was reluctant to pass a bond issue? Langdon, Dean; Caruso Jr., Nicholas D. // American School Board Journal;Oct2012, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p38
The article offers advice to school boards from two school board executives on ways to convince voters in U.S. school districts to approve school bonds for construction. The relationship between schools and communities, citizen's committees, and tax funding of school projects are discussed, as...
- N.J. survey: High property taxes at fault for failed school bonds. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p7
Discloses the findings of a survey by the New Jersey School Boards Association on school bond approval in the state in 1998. Number of bond proposals that were approved in 1998 in New Jersey.
- Wichita could see referendum for first school issue since 1974. ALbanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p32
Focuses on a proposal made by parents in Wichita, Kansas to allow the city's school board to send a multimillion-dollar bond issue to voters in April 4, 2000. Impetus for the proposal; Implications of the proposal's approval for the Wichita Public Schools.
- District eyes refinancing bonds. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/13/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 41, pA1
The article presents information on the plans of the East Bernard School Board to refinance school bonds.
- $59.3 million bond package recommended to board. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/11/2013, Vol. 114 Issue 37, p3B
The article focuses on the recommendation issued by the Growth Impact Committee to the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) Board of Trustees in December 2013 to approve a 59.3 million dollar bond package.
- Bond package reduced, election to come. HILSENBECK, KIM // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/26/2014, Vol. 117 Issue 48, p3B
The article reports that the Board of Trustees of the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) in Texas has voted on February 24, 2014 to call for a bond election to address the revisions of the bond package from $59,271,500 to $59,091,500.