New Timing for TIMED
- MICHIGAN: Taxes Will Feed Detroit Zoo. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/12/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32834, p9
The article reports on the passage of a bill by the Michigan Legislature to create a governmental authority with the ability to levy a new tax to generate revenue to finance the Detroit Zoo. If Governor Jennifer Granholm signs the bill, the tax could be put before the voters on the August 2008...
- MN: Legislator Ends 2014 Session. // GPP eNews;6/6/2014, p2
The article reports on the end of the Minnesota legislature's 2014 session that included tax bills promoted by members of the Minnesota International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
- DeFazio Issues Warning on New Legislation. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;3/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33078, p6
The article reports on the warning given by Representative Peter DeFazio that if U.S. Congress cannot pass a measure to replace the current surface transportation law by the end of the fiscal year, federal highway aid to states will be down by 50%. He emphasized that current law supports an...
- House conferees budge on highway funding. // Concrete Products;Aug2004, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p1
Reports that House conferees of the surface transportation committee delivered to their Senate counterparts in 2004 a highway bill reauthorization funding counterproposal of $299 billion. First time House members have budged from their previous funding limit of $283 billion; Approval by the...
- Utah Legislature to address the good, the bad, and the ugly. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/19/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p22
Probes into the tax bills to be addressed at the general session of the Utah Legislature on January 19, 2004. Limit on bond elections; Implementation of sales taxes on the purchases of Utah residents from out-of-state vendors; Income tax hike.
- Aid for a Shrinking Detroit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/8/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33529, p9
The article reports on the bills by the Michigan Legislature that would help reduce the official municipal-population threshold for income and utility taxes.
- Cal Chamber kicks its advocacy into high efforts gear. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/14/2006, Issue 323543, p28
The article focuses on the endorsement of legislation addressing issues impacting the workplace and the infrastructure needs of the state by the California Chamber of Commerce. It has sponsored an initiative to remedy a legal loophole in Proposition 42 allowing the transfer of funds in order to...
- It's True: $1.3B of Transportation Bonds OK'd. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32596, Special section p58
The article reports on the approval by Utah Legislatures of two bonding bills that will allow the state issue about $1.3 billion for transportation projects. Under the terms House Bill 314, up to a billion dollars worth of general obligation bonds will be used to finance road improvements. On...
- Bevy of Bond Bills Passed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32380, p33
The article reports on several bond-related bills approved by the Alaska Legislature. One bill would increase the bonding authority of the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank. Another bill authorizes the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority to issue toll revenue bonds and borrow money through the federal...