Counsel for College Bonds
- Bryant Miller & Olive Opening Office In Jacksonville, Hires Two Partners. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p6
Reports on the opening of an office of Bryant Miller & Olive, a law firm specializing in public finance and state and local government law, in Jacksonville, Florida. Recruitment of new partners of the firm to launch the business there; Career history of the new partners; Background of the firm.
- Bryant Miller Taps Ex-Hunton & Williams Partner to Lead New D.C. Office. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p6
The article reports that Florida-based law firm Bryant Miller Olive is expanding into the mid-Atlantic region by opening an office in the District of Columbia. The office will be headed by Patti Grant-Wilkinson, formerly a partner with Hunton & Williams LLP. She has served as bond counsel to...
- Grace Dunlap Elected Managing Shareholder of Bryant Miller Olive. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;10/5/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33594, p6
The article announces that attorney Grace Dunlap has been elected as managing shareholder at Bryant Miller Olive LLP.
- Freeman joins Florida's Bryant Miller Olive. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/10/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33744, p4
The article announces the appointment of Judson Freeman at Bryant Miller Olive LLP's public finance group.
- Refunding Plunge Leads to 26% Drop in Education Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p8A
The article reports on Thomson Financial's data which showed a decline of 26.8 percent in the volume of education-related bond issuance in the first half of 2006. The decline is attributed to the 65.5 percent decrease in refundings. The total refundings for the first half of 2006 was $11.2...
- University of N.C. System Plans $127M for Three Schools. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33136, p4
The article reports that the University of North Carolina System is preparing to enter the market with $127 million of pool revenue bonds. It expects to issue these bonds to finance the construction of dormitories, athletic facilities, and other projects. The university system will issue the...
- Alabama Education Agency Selling $106 Million Double-A Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31782, p36
The Alabama Public School and College Authority on Wednesday brings to market $106 million of capital improvement and economic development and training bonds in a competitive, double-A rated transaction. The proceeds will be used to repair storm-damaged public schools in three counties, to...
- Texas Schools Still Bringing PSF-Backed Debt to Market. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;7/30/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32681, p6
The article reports on the school districts in Texas that bring new debt to bond market. Some of the school districts sold bonds in July 2007 due to new election cycles and the need to make a debt service payment during the current fiscal year to be eligible for assistance under the state's...
- South Carolina School District Preps Unusual $79M Bond Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p7
Reports on the move of Spartanburg School District No. 5 to embark on a new type of debt financing through a bond offering in the bond market. Move of the school district to pattern the offering after several installment-purchase deals that have been offered by other school districts in the...