Ohio Offers Site for FutureGen Electric Plant, Promises Bonds
- Missouri Seeks RFPs for Unemployment Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p5
Reports that Missouri has issued requests for proposals for a $450 milllion unemployment trust fund revenue bond sale. Deadline for submitting proposals; Law allowing the state to borrow in the form of a bond issue or commercial loan.
- JTC Wants to Kill Advance Refundings. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;1/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32059, p1
The article reports on the proposals regarding advance refunding of tax-exempt governmental and 501(c)(3) bonds, which would be eliminated. It would facilitate the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance professional sports stadiums, under 70 options proposed in a study of ways to close the estimated...
- Bond Issue Would Benefit Colleges. Kennedy, Mike // American School & University Exclusive Insight;10/10/2012, p4
The article examines the bond referendum in New Jersey in which voters will decide whether to approve a 750-million dollar bond proposal for the state's higher education facilities. The proposal calls for 300 million dollars in funding to go to public research universities like Rutgers while...
- UTAH: 1-15 Bonds on the Table. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/3/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33054, p9
The article focuses on the call of a coalition of Utah County legislators, mayors and commissioners for the approval of bond issuance in Utah. The coalition has urged the state lawmakers to sanction issuing bonds to start working on the $5 billion of improvements to Interstate 15. The coalition...
- FirstEnergy Details Resource Plan. Kasey, Pam // State Journal (WV);9/7/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p9
The article offers information on the resource plan by FirstEnergy Corp. with Public Service Commission of West Virginia. It states that, the company asked not to reduce its fuel costs while the purchased power costs may be decreased by 66 million U.S. dollars that will result in lowering the...
- DOE Doles Out $7 Million For CO2 Capture Use & Storage Research. // Energy Daily;7/27/2012, Issue 145, p4
The article reports on the selection by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) of eight projects from across the country to receive 7 million U.S. dollars in grants to develop oxy-combustion technologies for high-efficiency, low-cost carbon dioxide capture from coal-fired power plants.
- DOE Tearing Down Uranium Enrichment Building. // Energy Daily;2/10/2010, p4
The article reports on a call from the U.S. Energy Department for contractor bids on demolition and removal of the K-33 building at its former uranium enrichment plant at Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
- Atlanta looks to clear legal hurdles for pension deal; seeks underwriters. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p3
Focuses on the city of Atlanta's solicitation of proposals from underwriters on how to sell a $400 million taxable pension bond issue. Advertisement placed by the city in `The Bond Buyer'; Mayor Bill Campbell's rationale behind the sale; Questions over the sale's legality in Georgia; Background...
- Missouri Agency Goes Competitive For $140M Road Bond Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/21/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33403, p3
The article reports on the plans of the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission to bid for the 140 million dollars refunding of top-rated senior-lien state road bonds to achieve six percent to seven percent in present-value savings in the state.